Ivorys first non frozen live food

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 created the topic: Ivorys first non frozen live food

My mentor is giving me some feeder cherry shrimp i think is what it is he said hes getting for me, he has a trap he uses but hes gettin me some today when i come by plan on postin a vid of ivory eating them later

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Ivorys first non frozen live food

These shrimp are coming from where? Local lake or river? Not advisable to put in your Oscar tank. Could be carrying who knows what. You want to see Ivory eat something live, go with terrestrial critters, like earthworms, mealworms, crickets.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Ivorys first non frozen live food

my mentor is of a community college they have an aquaculture program and have like 20 ponds or so so im not sure if the shrimp are in the pond or in tanks, cause i saw him have some little shrimp in tanks also, i seen him feed his little pickeral some feeder fish the other day think it was lifebearers i think not sure but the all fish he has looks fine and healthy, he is in charge of the fish farms and industrial assistant for my college program , i have faith in his water quality but if its coming from the pond i dont think ima test its luck

• Thank you received: 1

darkhorse419 replied the topic: Ivorys first non frozen live food

Maybe someone with more experience with invertebrates will chime in, but if I am not mistaken diseases from shrimp cannot be passed to Oscars/Cichlids?? At least that has always been my belief and have been feeding shrimps, crawdad's, etc. for years?? :blink:

Not too sure coming from wild though, that would be my only concern... I just recently learned the trick is to feed them veggies and stuff that are good for fish that is hard to get them to eat. Nutrition is double fold then...

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Ivorys first non frozen live food

my O is fine and he doesnt seem harmed or affected at all, he ate them up , he sure loved them id say , also their tank bred cherry shrimp

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds