Feeding during the summer

• Thank you received: 40

ehh created the topic: Feeding during the summer

I don't know about you guys but my tanks hit 85 degrees the other day and it's not even hot here yet.
Should be feeding everyone more? I know they metabolize food faster at higher temps so I'm guessing they're hungry more often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Feeding during the summer

Nope....the more you feed, the more waste is produced, the more strain is placed on biological filtration. I would advise if your tank is that warm to increase oxygenation of the water...easiest way is to add a power-head & make sure output agitates surface, thereby drawing atmospheric O2 into the water.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Feeding during the summer

Adult fish dont need to be fed as often as growing fish even at higher temperatures.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Feeding during the summer

Darth, I didn't even think of that. I've wanting to buy a power head and use it like an air diffuser. Now I have more of a reason to, thanks. In the mean time I'll adjust the outlet for the filter to point upwards.

Rock, that was basically what I was asking because all my fish are over two years old.

Thanks guys!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds