Adding veggies

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: Adding veggies

Guys I wanted to add sone veggies to Capones diet hes hetting hikari staple and gold along with fd krill and nls float and the occasional frozen blood worms. What veggies cabin add ? I know peas can be done but are they cooked or raw ? What other easy available veggies are recommended ?

Going to cut out the hikari staple

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Adding veggies

I've tried a few things and had varying degrees of success. Peas are a good one. I defrost frozen peas and shell them, then into my tank they go (I think it's a good idea to shell them - it's easy when they're defrosted). I offer them a couple of times a week to all my fish. Originally Henry wasn't impressed with them and the SDs got most of them (which is super cute, they boop them around like little green soccer balls), but the last two times I've given them peas Henry's stolen... well, most of them. The first of those two times I wasn't expecting him to be a little rotund black pea vacuum and just dumped them in there with the SDs in mind, and he ate waaaay too many and became alarmingly round for an hour or so!

I also give the SDs lettuce once or twice a week. Henry was scared of the lettuce the first time I put it in there, but he caught on and now attacks it with them.

I tried zucchini, but no one was interested. I might try cooking it up then cooling it next time.

I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard people have had some success with fruits - bananas in particular.

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: Adding veggies

fruits and vegetables make up about about 10% of my O diet she eats better than most people i know lol these are all thing she will eat (vegetables) carrot peas cucumber.(fruits) banana orange strawberry cantaloupe apple pear watermelon peach

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Adding veggies

Whatever your oscar will eat, you can't really force them to eat them. Just stay away from corn or soy products. Oscars cannot digest those. Spirulina 20 flakes are also a good option that does not go bad. You can put a couple drops of vitamin or freeze dried krill or pellets and sprinkle spirulina powder which can be bought from vitamin stores or online.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Adding veggies

Thanks guys gonna try some of what was suggested today

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Adding veggies

If fish wont eat veggies, and most of mine wont, the spirulina powder comes into play nicely. It sticks real well to feed thats soaked in Boyd's, and doesnt fall off when it hits the water. Also holds well to chunks of tilapia and shrimp

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Adding veggies

There is spirulina in the nls pellets not sure if its enough though

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds