Brand new oscar owner

• daniellemoser642
  • daniellemoser642's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

daniellemoser642 created the topic: Brand new oscar owner

Hi, I've had my new albino and tiger for a little over a week now, and have been doing a lot of reading on raising them. My albino is practically just hatched (barely an inch) and my tiger is about 1 1/2 inch. I'm
Just a little confused, I've read so many contradicting things! They are eating flakes right now, but one article claimed apple pieces and flies are good for young cichlids. I put a small piece of apple and a fly in their tank and they ignored both. And the albino is constantly exploring and visiting when I approach but the tiger hides in his rock cave
Or behind the plants. I'm afraid he's sick, although he feels well enough to attack
His meals like Jaws! Does anyone have any tips on getting them started out right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Brand new oscar owner

Hello and welcome to OFL. Flakes are fine for a bit, but you want a quality pellet as their main selection. I must ask a couple questions. What size tank is this? Is the tank cycled and how did you do it? What is filtration? One fish hiding could be an aggression problem, could be a water issue, could be still shy. The more info you offer about your setup, the better we may be able to advise on how to proceed.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:Brand new oscar owner

Hi and welcome to OFL before any advice can be given some more information will be required.Tank size ,filtration type, has tank been cycled and how long ,what are water parameters and do you test with a liquid testing kit? Once these questions have been answered I am sure members will be able to help with feeding solutions.OFL is a great resource if you listen to advice you may be given.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Brand new oscar owner

Yes, we need to know aquarium size, filtration (brand & model exactly), water change schedule, etc.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds