Yum treat

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Yum treat

@jmunroe: The article was saying that convict cichlid fry are so fast and hard to catch that oscars run the risk of injuring themselves on the sharp edge of the outflow of a HOBF or various other sharp edges or objects in the tank in their relentless pursuit of the fry. They weren't talking about them in terms of potential diseases. Though it seems like your guy is not going all cray cray for the fry so probably nothing to worry about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Yum treat

Yes your right.. I was referring to the potential for disease transfer. Sorry I should have been more clear. I keep all potential decor for serious injury outta my tank. I always trim wood keep sharp rocks out ect.. But as we all know oscars can bang themselves up on absolutely nothing. I just work to minimize that risk. If he gets a few bangs trying to get them, I know it's nothing to worry about. I also change so much water it usually heals in a couple days. He sure did go through that clumsy stage from around 4-5 inches until 8 inches, what I always call the teenage years though. He had a couple good bangs then.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Yum treat

Ha ha. Yes this was what I was thinking of. Sounded a bit hyperbolic to me with the electrocution, but who knows! Oscars be crazy.

• Craigsfish
  • Craigsfish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Yum treat

Too funny........."sheer ballistic destruction" lmao is this a fish or a torpedo!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds