My freaking crazy Oscar is at it again.

• OscaritusTheOscar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

OscaritusTheOscar replied the topic: My freaking crazy Oscar is at it again.

Oscaritus din't want to eat bloodworms. I just left him 30 mins without food and the bloodworms. Once he tasted a bit, he ate all. If you want to get him eat anything. Just don't give him food. They won't starve themselves. (Don't leave food to long or it will rotten)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: My freaking crazy Oscar is at it again.

Lammergeier wrote: @ Poseidon: I'd definitely suggest you get your sitter not to feed your O while you're gone. I've heard too many stories about fish-sitters dumping half the container of pellets in :S Your O's around Henry's size - he won't have an issue going without food, and it'll lessen the likelihood of any water quality issues while you're away.

Well luckily our sitter is an advanced veterinarian student with a solid interest in wet pets, so I trust her to follow my instructions! Will be sad when she graduates as she won't be easy to replace! But I will likely have her starve my O for the duration of the trip anyway.

I agree that shifting up the diet is a good idea. I am happy if he eats pellets a couple of days in a row, but I fed him vitamin soaked tilapia two days in a row and so those koi pellets were just not going to cut if for him today. . . . . :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds