2 Juvenile Oscars in 65 Gallon since Monday not eating

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: 2 Juvenile Oscars in 65 Gallon since Monday not eating

You did keep the other filters on the tank, in addition to the AC110, correct? (And I am going to assume they were cycled?) If not, unless you transferred some media from them to the new filter, you do not have a functioning biological filter, & this will be an issue....Oscars do not take well to the cycling process.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IrishDrummer
  • IrishDrummer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

IrishDrummer replied the topic: 2 Juvenile Oscars in 65 Gallon since Monday not eating

Yes I added it in addition to the canisters and they are well cycled have been used for about 7 months with the sponges only being rinsed in the filter water as well as the same bio-max media. My PH is in and around the higher end of 7.6, Ammonia is zero, Nitrite is zero & Nitrate is around 10ppm. I am testing everyday to keep on top of it. I am using the API test kit.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: 2 Juvenile Oscars in 65 Gallon since Monday not eating

How is the eating? I'm thinking they should be doing fine ... your water parameters are good.

EDIT: I missed that post. Good to hear the appetite is back.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds