Paradigm

• Rocksor
  • Rocksor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 877

Rocksor created the topic: Paradigm

www.paradigmfishfood.com/our-foods.html

Looks promising, and made in the USA. Kensfish has it available. It's a crumble pellet where the smaller pieces that you break off will float, while the larger pieces sink. No wheat protein, they use egg whites as binders and i believe cayenne pepper as the preservative.

For oscars, I would try the omnivore and herbivore variant.

On their facebook page they have a listing for store vendors. There are more vendors listed than below.

African Adventure Aquatics – Illinois
American Aquarium Aquatics – Oregon
Aquatic Pets & Reptiles - Idaho
Aquatic Support Systems - Colorado
Aquatic Warehouse – California
BDS Aquatics – Florida
Cichilds Are Special – Pennsylvania
Fins and Scales – Pennsylvania
Fin-Tastic Fish - Nebraska
Fish Freaks – Nebraska
Fish Hut – New Jersey
J and M Aquatics - Iowa
Kalypso Cichlid Aquatics - Arizona
Kens Fish – Massachusetts
Low Country Cichlids – Georgia
Midwest Tropical Fish - Illinois
NT Holey Rock – Texas
Pets Plus – Pennsylvania - Lawrenceville
Raleigh Cichlids - North Carolina
Royal Aquatics - Iowa
San Diego Aquarium Services - California
Seminole Aquarium – Florida
South East Cichlids – Georgia
The Fish Envy – Tennessee - Coming soon
Underwater Dreams - Minnesota
Upscale Aquatics – North Carolina
Valley Aquatics - Pennsylvania
West Coast Cichlids – California

www.facebook.com/ParadigmFishFood
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNC-CH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Paradigm

I'll definitely check this out. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Paradigm

i guess southern delight is a re-badged Paradigm - since i buy my stuff from aquatic support

• Rocksor
  • Rocksor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Paradigm

tehmole wrote: i guess southern delight is a re-badged Paradigm - since i buy my stuff from aquatic support

looking. into southern delight, I get more internet hits, particularly from MFK. I was wondering why info on the net seemed limited.

www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?567298-What-is-the-consensus-with-Southern-Delight-Fish-food

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Paradigm

MFK post #16 is the key to Southern Delight. The food is actually made by www.zeiglerfeed.com/html/

It could be that Paradigm is also produced by the same feed company. Dont quote me on that. Looks like anyone could start up their own fish food brand and have the product made for them by a feed company. :blink: The equipment to make the food is not cheap so not everyone would be able to own it right off the bat. I guess even NLS in its early phase was being made for them by a feed company but to their specifications. Now they manufacture their own.

I had tried the Southern delight and did not like the fact they were using hydrolyzed feather meal in their food. I guess they no longer have that as an ingredient from what Ive heard. I did not like the surface scum the food would leave and ended up going back to Omega One.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Paradigm

from what i can read in their ingredients (SD) there's no hydrolyzed feather meal - been feeding my fish mainly SD now - no scum or oily sleek from the top surface ... i reached out to the owners for a sample - which they sent over - there's like 8 different types .... fish seem to love it..that's why i purchased 3lbs of these suckers ... but again...every fish is different and so are their taste... i still don't mind trying other fish food -

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Paradigm

The feather meal was not called that but was a different name. It was called 'Lean Poultry Protein Product' and it was not in all the formulas. My understanding is that it is no longer used but I have not looked into the SD ingredient list lately.

I found I had not an oily scum but more of a powder like residue. The fish took to the foods right away and I swear I saw a growth spurt in a few of them but for me I did not like the surface powder I was seeing. This was a 100% exclusive diet of SD with a few different types being used.

I used the SD and feel it is a quality food but with my current mix I dont get as much surface powder and it just works for me better. Im not a fishfood snob at all and after years of my own experimentation I finally have found a mix of foods and brands I like.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds