Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

I use the floating pellet. My issue is a 14" Pearsei trying to eat 2mm pellets.
www.omegasea.net/products/nutrition/super-kelp-pellets-floating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

I ordered the sinking pellets. I think. I... can't remember now. Crap. I wanted sinking! :laugh:

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

The ingredients for the wafers are almost identical to the pellets. I used them to ward off the sd's when feeding. You could break them up and they are still pretty large. Porkchop might like em

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

What brand of freeze dried krill do you use? I'd think krill are krill, but my oscar feels differently about that. I had been using the krill on the left (tetra) for soaking in vitachem and my oscar loved it. I bought some that were all broken up so I tried the brand on the right which is the same thing ... freeze dried krill. But I've tried it twice now and he just chews one a few times and spits it back out.

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

daddadoo7 wrote: The ingredients for the wafers are almost identical to the pellets. I used them to ward off the sd's when feeding. You could break them up and they are still pretty large. Porkchop might like em

I already use the Omega One wafers, and she doe like them. Just would prefer a larger floating version of the kelp pellet.

DMD123 replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

UNC-CH wrote: What brand of freeze dried krill do you use? I'd think krill are krill, but my oscar feels differently about that.

Ive used both of those brands and my Oscar seemed to like the San Francisco Bay brand better too. The Tetra is not bad but something about it gets more spit outs than the other. I can say the absolute wort Ive used so far is the Omega One FD Krill. It was just globs of krill and you could not even distinguish what you were feeding. Also the fish hated it. Ive read that the Kens Fish brand (the more expensive one they carry) of FD Krill is supposed to be one of the best.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

+1. I tried the omega one a long time ago and it didn't compare to these brands. It was mostly all broken up and the pieces that weren't were much smaller.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

i've tried ken's FD Krills - you can tell the difference from the smell ... it's VERY pungent compared to SF and Tetra

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds