Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

• Thank you received: 5

G6DDS replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

Hikari cichlid staple, cichlid gold, FD krill, FD mealworm, peas and earthworm as a treat.
Now and then i will soak the cichlid gold in sachem nourish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

Sega high protein Sinking pellets

• JBare
  • JBare's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

Update on this. He totally wants nothing to do with the Hikari Gold pellets. I'm not sure I'm prepared to starve him though :-/

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

JBare wrote: I'm not sure I'm prepared to starve him though :-/

A little time off his normal feed will be fine. You have to be stronger than your fish! I started this thing where I would not feed anything special to new fish. What every other fish got as a pellet food diet was what they ate. Some were stubborn but eventually they came around, for they are alive some years later. Unless they are now zombie fish. :blink:

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

DMD123 wrote: Unless they are now zombie fish. :blink:

Possible :side:

@Jbare: Do you ever give Marshall a starve day? I feed peas to everyone then give everyone (except the Umbee) a day of no food afterwards. Makes everyone a lot more enthusiastic about their every-day food as well as being good for their digestion in general.

Only asking because Henry went through a 'picky' stage and the weekly starve day fixed it right up. Could try feeding less of what Marshall likes to eat in general - not starving him, but you might accidentally be overfeeding a bit without realising it.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

JBare: I starved Poseidon for about 5 or 6 days when he stopped eating pellets. Now he eats them greedily. Don't worry, your O will be fine. :)

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

I am actually curious how much people feed their oscars. I am always afraid I am over feeding mine. Poseidon use to stop eating after 6 medium pellets (of Omega One), but not he is starting to eat more, if I let him. Darth Vader would easily consume 20 or more if I let him (which I don't) -- he gets about 12 pellets (soaked with vitamins). Perhaps this question would be better on its own thread. . . . . :dry:

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

Ohh.

I feed Henry and Adie 3 - 4 medium Hikari Gold/Biogold pellets (or equivalent) each then toss in some (a big pinch I guess) veggie pellets for the SDs and them to bicker over. They probably get the equivalent of 5 - 6 medium sized pellets

My biggest RDs get 7 medium pellets each, next size down (Mittens) gets 5 - 6, smallest one gets 4. I used to feed these guys a bit more but the smallest one was acting really skittish recently. Lowering the amount of food helped with that a lot so I'm guessing overfeeding.

But yeah, I think I feed almost half of what you do Poseidon :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poseidon2.0

Thanks Lamm. That helps me put things in perspective a bit. I will make sure not to feed Poseidon more than 6 and maybe cut down to 4. He is starting to grow so much these days though, and his appetite with it!

Darth Vader (Capone) is a total glutton. I am afraid he will start going after my fingers if I don't feed him at least ten. But I will start to cut back for him too. I think I read that some members even feed their large oscars every other day. Darth Vader has got to be about 10 inches and still growing!

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Role Call: What pellet do you feed your oscar?

Jen.. Marshall can easily go 3-4 weeks without eating anything and no visible sign of a problem. Double that time and he may show sunken abdomen, but still not be on death's door. He doesnt like the Hikari because it isnt as yummy as that Tetra "candy"he is expecting. You gotta tough it out. Give him f**k all till he eats some Hikari. Have faith, he will not starve himself.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds