Pest control

• turtle lover
  • turtle lover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

turtle lover created the topic: Pest control

This morning, I found squash bugs on my water spinach. Afraid that they will kill my plant, I captured them and dump it to my oscar's tank for the fish to have some nice treats. Did anyone do a similar thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Pest control

Yes and no, I won't go for bugs around the outside basement of my house in case any chemicals have been sprayed in the past. Sometimes I do go down back by the woods ( I live in a wooded area ) and I collect spiders and night crawlers and anything that would seem tasty for him and he loves it. I know down there would be safe and there would be nothing to harm my oscar.

• Thank you received: 4

roryson replied the topic: Re:Pest control

Hi turtle lover my room mate is getting a turtle so i thought i would ask any pointers you might have for a happy turtle hes going in a 6ft tank avout 250 lt

• turtle lover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

turtle lover replied the topic: Pest control

LeafsFan wrote: Yes and no, I won't go for bugs around the outside basement of my house in case any chemicals have been sprayed in the past. Sometimes I do go down back by the woods ( I live in a wooded area ) and I collect spiders and night crawlers and anything that would seem tasty for him and he loves it. I know down there would be safe and there would be nothing to harm my oscar.

Actually, I got my insects from my personal garden.

• turtle lover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

turtle lover replied the topic: Re:Pest control

roryson wrote: Hi turtle lover my room mate is getting a turtle so i thought i would ask any pointers you might have for a happy turtle hes going in a 6ft tank avout 250 lt

What type of turtle?

• turtle lover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

turtle lover replied the topic: Pest control

LeafsFan wrote: Yes and no, I won't go for bugs around the outside basement of my house in case any chemicals have been sprayed in the past. Sometimes I do go down back by the woods ( I live in a wooded area ) and I collect spiders and night crawlers and anything that would seem tasty for him and he loves it. I know down there would be safe and there would be nothing to harm my oscar.

Actually, I do remember a documentary about the decline of honeybees. If I am right, there is actually less pesticides in cities than in farmlands. However, I have to double check because I might misheard it.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds