how should i feed my oscar.

• Jamal
  • Jamal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Jamal created the topic: how should i feed my oscar.

hey as i said yesterday i am a new oscar owner and i was wondering how i should feed him. i have been feeding him hikari floating pellets with a small amount of tropical flakes in the morning. then in the afternoon i feed him a few pellets and some meal worms. and before bed i feed him a few more pellets meal worms and 1 cricket. Please reply so i know if im doing anything wrong i want the best for rex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:how should i feed my oscar.

How big is rex ? What is the tank size and filtration ?

I would cut it down to twice a day and add new life spectrum and or omega one. Also add in a a veggie based pellet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamal

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: how should i feed my oscar.

You wont be feeding the flake for long since he will outgrow that pretty fast. I high quality name brand pellet like the Hikari will be fine as a staple and the insect treats are a much better choice than live feeder fish. Remember the more that goes into Rex... the more that comes out. So its a fine balance to not overfeed and cause even more tank maintenance.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: how should i feed my oscar.

Vitamin C is also important in the development months of young Oscars. While quality pellets have some content, a boost does wonders. Boyd's VitaChem is the preferred supplement. It is a liquid vitamin, absorbs very well into freeze dried foods, krill in particular.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds