Best Veggies?

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B created the topic: Best Veggies?

What does everyone think is the best/most nutritional value food I should try and introduce to Ron and Vicky? I see romaine and peas as very commonly fed to O's in the forum. Wondering if one is better than the other. Haven't tried either yet. As of now they are given algae wafers and spirulina flakes as their veg supplement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Best Veggies?

I would think that peas are pound for pound (gram for gram?) more nutritious than the romaine. Both will be good for digestion though. Algae wafers are good, but depending on the brand often contain a lot of fish meal of one kind or another. Important to give the real McCoy once in a while. Small pieces of banana are also good once in a while, but are a bit messy.

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Best Veggies?

Thanks poseidon. I want to get them the veg needed. I know it's important. Would rather introduce the best source possible rather than experiment with a bunch of things.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Best Veggies?

Chickpeas (might be spelling it wrong)..... when I had capone he loved them
I would definitly start reading the ingredients of the foods your feeding....compare them and vary there diet. Look into omega one and nls ....

I try and stay away from anything that has fishmeal in it. Problem I see with fish meal is we dont know what part of the fish they are using could be a good part or bad. Oscars need their protiens but its good to mix in quality veggie based pellet I would check out nls aglaemax and or omega one kelp pellets
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds