Boyds vitachem

• ernie
  • ernie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 97

ernie created the topic: Boyds vitachem

Ordered my vitachem today should be about 2 weeks before it makes it to me in Australia, my 4oz bottle cost me $AUD 44.00 I hope this is good stuff? How often is it recommended that I should use it? My 2 Oscars are 18 months old now any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Boyds vitachem

Yes Ernie, it is a great product. That's quite pricey for you though, wow. Regardless, it works best on freeze dried foods, krill in particular. A few drops on a couple of meals worth, let marinade in the fridge overnight. I have used it on pellets as well, but not as efficient as fd. At the price you are paying, get your money's worth. Once or twice a week will give your O's a nice vitamin boost.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ernie

• ernie
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

ernie replied the topic: Re:Boyds vitachem

Thanks Suprd71 will get some fd krill nothing but the best for my Os. Read lots of great comments on the forum time to try.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Boyds vitachem

Ernie, next time you order some I recommend ordering it off amazon. I got 2 of the 16oz bottles www.amazon.com/dp/B00025YRJI/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1424128528&sr=1&keywords=vitachem

In AUD it was $64.90 for one bottle inc. postage, or $119.12 for 2 bottles inc postage.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Boyds vitachem

WOW that's expensive for you guys to get.

Like Suprd I use it to soak krill over night, I also use it on my pellets only a couple of drops is needed the pellets absorb it fairly quickly. I'll also use it on small pieces of raw shrimp whenever I feed with them.

• ernie
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

ernie replied the topic: Re:Re:Boyds vitachem

Lammergeier wrote: Ernie, next time you order some I recommend ordering it off amazon. I got 2 of the 16oz bottles www.amazon.com/dp/B00025YRJI/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1424128528&sr=1&keywords=vitachem

In AUD it was $64.90 for one bottle inc. postage, or $119.12 for 2 bottles inc postage.

Thanks Lamm definitely go that way next time, that's a huge price difference.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Re:Boyds vitachem

@DBLN: Yeah I know, but a big part of it is the shipping from overseas :pinch: would be ~$40 per big bottle if not for that. Someone needs to start selling it locally!

@ernie: No worries. There's a few of us Aussies on here, one day we could all do some massive order of goodies from Amazon and split the bill :D will save on postage at least.

• Thank you received: 11

toom replied the topic: Boyds vitachem

I also use liquid Vitamins orginaly for reptiles but if your ones are that expensive and hard to get you could do another alternative. Just use an high quality Multi vitamin Juice for humans. It is maybe not as concentrated but used it twice a week it would give you the same effect.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Re:Boyds vitachem

You Aussie people might also consider ordering Seachem Nourish, which tends to be somewhat cheaper than the Boyds. It also contains Spiraling which Boyds does not.

I have used both. I find the freeze dried foods absorb the vitamins very quickly and don't always feel the need to soak overnight, though I do do this for raw shrimp or fish. For my smaller fish (sevs and cryptos) I also soak fd blood worms for a treat.

I you want to extend the life of your vitamin you can try diluting it a bit with distilled water when marinating your food.

You can also let the excess vitamins go into the tank water; lots of nutrients for the fish to absorb. Boyds actually recommends adding the vitamin directly into the tank water without food in the neighborhood of one drop per gallon! This of course isn't really feasible for large aquariums and large cichlids.

• Thank you received: 11

toom replied the topic: Re:Re:Boyds vitachem

Poseidon2.0 wrote: Boyds actually recommends adding the vitamin directly into the tank water without food in the neighborhood of one drop per gallon! This of course isn't really feasible for large aquariums and large cichlids.

Adding liquid Vitamins to tank water is athat n good idea to fill boyds Bank account, that what would help is quickly destoyed by UV radiation of natural light that is in any room with an window.
The only effective way is to get it inside the fish.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds