Proper full diet

• Vinny
  • Vinny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

Vinny created the topic: Proper full diet

So I've fed my last Oscar Hikari gold pellets and occasionally frozen shrimp and blood worms. Occasionally and rare occasions I would give some frozen beef heart. I tried looking through the forums to find the list I'm sure you guys created YEARS ago on a proper diet and gave up. If what I'm doing is fine then great but if I should change it up let me know. Don't be general if it's something different like idk eggplant for example. If you say add eggplant to the diet tell me what I have to do exactly to it before to add it. Explain it like I'm 5 although I'm a grownup lol. Also just a idea and maybe the actual site has this and just not tapatalk but add a link to follow for all basic information like this and then do forum based Q&A underneath for further explanation if needed. If that's on the site which I'm sure it is see if it could be added to be accessible through tapatalk. I don't mind buying new fish but would kind of enjoy more having the fish last 10 15 years and grow and be healthy happy instead.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vinny
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Vinny replied the topic: Re:Proper full diet

I know the info here cause when I Google it beings me to the site. I'd rather just find it within the site I'm already part of I stead of going to Google to bring me back

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Proper full diet

Here is the list of recommended foods that we would recommend

www.oscarfishlover.com/oscar-fish-food-list

As for the beef heart recipe, that was removed a long time ago after we decided that it wasn't a suitable diet. Feeding animal meat to your Oscar, whether it's lean or not is not necessary and therefore we don't recommend it and that is why we do not provide the recipe any more.

As it stands, I think you are doing perfectly okay with what you are feeding your fish. The pellets provide everything the fish needs to keep it healthy. Giving it the occasional treat is something we all recommend.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 24

Phantom replied the topic: Proper full diet

You have a good staple pellet, Hikari Cichlid Gold is what I feed my wild oscar. I also feed him some Fluval Vegetarian Fish Pellets as I feed him his regular Hikari Cichlid Gold. Freeze dried krill soaked in vitamin supplement (Boyd's) 3 times a week. A small treat of freeze dried bloodworms maybe once a week.
I'll also give him a small cricket or two occasionally, as well as any critter I find trespassing in my home lol. Except for spiders or wasps. I plan on increasing his diet even further once he gets some more size on him (I've only had him for a couple months and he's a 6 inch juvie now) to include earthworms, frozen fish and raw vegetables. I consider myself lucky since my oscar is wild caught but eats every single thing I've fed him like its going to be his last meal lol.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Proper full diet

in my case, it is cheaper to get fresh frozen : shrimps, herring, and beefheart/pork kidney, and tilapia booster

• Vinny
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Vinny replied the topic: Re:Proper full diet

Wow that's definitely not my case

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds