RIver Monsters

• turtle lover
  • turtle lover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

turtle lover created the topic: RIver Monsters

How many of you guys watch River Monsters? Which is your most favorite creature in the show? Mine is the salamander, caiman, arapaima, or anaconda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

Have watched every episode and by far my fave is Goliath tiger fish! Nothing compares to the awe of looking at that! Arapaima is cool tho for sure and wells catfish huge!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: RIver Monsters

OMG Ed, I just looked that fish up on Google. Amazing! :ohmy:

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: RIver Monsters

I love River Monsters, we have that show on prime-time TV here in the UK, that is very impressive for an angling program. I like the fact that it's not just an angling program, you actually learn something from it, which is probably why it's on when it is.

I think it's difficult to say which is my favourite episode. I saw the one when he finished for the Goliath Tiger, that actually made national news. I enjoyed the one he did about piranha. Most people think that you will get eaten to the bone. If you entered into the environment. Jeromy proved that was just a fallacy. I enjoyed the episode where he fished for the sawfish in Australia., And also when he thought that very rare shark, albeit a foul hook up.

He seems to have this knack for catching very rare fish. I think my favourite show altogether was probably when he caught the giant stingray in the Amazon that managed to snap his rod. The bloody thing was the size of the garage door :-) Any also managed to almost prove how a young girl was killed, again a stingray was almost certainly the blame.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

Aripima for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Thank you received: 127

streetsmart73 replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

hi there

1. I would not miss the river monsters series.
2. my favourite was when Jeremy caught the tiger fish.
3. that was awesome.
4. me also like his "torn" and worn-out tee.

"somewhere in time ... gone with the wind"

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

Jeremy is a really nice guy. I recently sent him an e-mail via his website regarding Foley effects on River monsters. Basically, they were adding in the sound of a fishing reel when he was winding. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, those absolutely no need to patronise all the fishermen who were watching. Anyway, hardly any reels make a clicking sound when you wind them now. He totally agreed with me and had already had a word with the people who make programs, I did notice that the new series didn't have this added annoyance.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

I watch faithfully. Goliath Tigerfish my fave for sure. People now keeping them in home aquariums. Check for sale and wanted to buy on MFK marketplace. Ridiculous.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 127

streetsmart73 replied the topic: Re:RIver Monsters

OFL wrote: Jeremy is a really nice guy. I recently sent him an e-mail via his website regarding Foley effects on River monsters. Basically, they were adding in the sound of a fishing reel when he was winding. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, those absolutely no need to patronise all the fishermen who were watching. Anyway, hardly any reels make a clicking sound when you wind them now. He totally agreed with me and had already had a word with the people who make programs, I did notice that the new series didn't have this added annoyance.

hi there

1. mr penn, yes I agree with you wholeheartedly on Jeremy :P
2. river monsters is so down-to-earth and pretty exciting.
3. however, extreme fishing with robson green is a little too loud at times :whistle:

"somewhere in time ... gone with the wind"

• turtle lover
  • turtle lover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: RIver Monsters

OFL wrote: I love River Monsters, we have that show on prime-time TV here in the UK, that is very impressive for an angling program. I like the fact that it's not just an angling program, you actually learn something from it, which is probably why it's on when it is.

I think it's difficult to say which is my favourite episode. I saw the one when he finished for the Goliath Tiger, that actually made national news. I enjoyed the one he did about piranha. Most people think that you will get eaten to the bone. If you entered into the environment. Jeromy proved that was just a fallacy. I enjoyed the episode where he fished for the sawfish in Australia., And also when he thought that very rare shark, albeit a foul hook up.

He seems to have this knack for catching very rare fish. I think my favourite show altogether was probably when he caught the giant stingray in the Amazon that managed to snap his rod. The bloody thing was the size of the garage door :-) Any also managed to almost prove how a young girl was killed, again a stingray was almost certainly the blame.

Another fish that made it in the news that he featured is the pacu. Now, nearly everyone is scared of the fish when they see one in their local river thinking it might attack the you know what of the person.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds