post your Bichir snaps

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sdraiders619 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

all I said was that I think they look smart, and they must be imo if they're around all these years...idk that's just my opinion though, im not sure how u could test the intelligence of fish. Doesnt darwin believe in survival of the fittest? And how does it exceed the web browsers frame? It shows up fine on my computer/phone. I will try to cut it down after school though

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

No of fence ment...but at some point you should try keeping a fish long enough to learn something from it. Have you ever kept one long enough to let it settle in and develope? :(

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

sdraiders619 wrote: all I said was that I think they look smart, and they must be imo if they're around all these years...idk that's just my opinion though, im not sure how u could test the intelligence of fish. Doesnt darwin believe in survival of the fittest?

Read up on Darwin, again. Fittest does not mean the smartest, and it does not mean the strongest either. Dragon flies haven't changed since the time of the dinosaurs, but it doesn't make them the smartest insect.

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

hell that butti was probably not even used to his environment, i like ornate bichirs but they won't stay as active as yours is right now... you'll get tired of that snake-like fish lying around on the bottom all day too.
Perhaps you should try discus, those will keep you occupied keeping up with their needs :p

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

@tom: Ya Ive had my betta for over 2 years lol and i kept my Oscar for quite a while, ever since I traded him its kind of been a revolving door, just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks..have u ever owned a bichir before tom? And no offence taken, I'm sure it looks like I don't like fish on the outside that's why I'm not getting offended by anyone's remarks but I assure u I do. I'm just trying to learn what fish fits me best and while they're in my care I give them the best treatment possible

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gorgoroth wrote: hell that butti was probably not even used to his environment, i like ornate bichirs but they won't stay as active as yours is right now... you'll get tired of that snake-like fish lying around on the bottom all day too.
Perhaps you should try discus, those will keep you occupied keeping up with their needs :p

Yah I understand that my bichir might not stay as active as he is now but that's why I got him. I got him because even if he's not moving he still looks very interesting to me. He won't bore me if he ever stops moving, but if what I read of mfk.com is true then there is a chance that he will stay active

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rocksor wrote:

sdraiders619 wrote: all I said was that I think they look smart, and they must be imo if they're around all these years...idk that's just my opinion though, im not sure how u could test the intelligence of fish. Doesnt darwin believe in survival of the fittest?

Read up on Darwin, again. Fittest does not mean the smartest, and it does not mean the strongest either. Dragon flies haven't changed since the time of the dinosaurs, but it doesn't make them the smartest insect.

Yes you are right rock, I simply said I think they look smart, kind of like they're planning their next move. I didn't know I would have to defend myself this much on a simple comment like that lol and PS have u ever been to the San diego tropical fish society's annual fish showing?

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

I can't believe you got rid of that beautiful fish.

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ehh wrote: I can't believe you got rid of that beautiful fish.

Haha I'm sorry to disappoint you bro but this was him 95% of the time sitting in the corner..
If ur not enjoying the fish why keep it?
If u want to chart ones progress, Patrick on the facebook page for this website just got one

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

Dithers would have drawn him out more.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds