post your Bichir snaps

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sdraiders619 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

Rocksor wrote: Dithers would have drawn him out more.

Yes rock if he ever stops moving I've already thought of maybe adding some congo tetras or tiger barbs, I like the congos becuz they would stick with the African theme but the tiger barbs would be a cheaper snack just in case anything happened in the middle of the night.... lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

Dithers would have drawn out your butti.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

sdraiders619 wrote: Thanks eddie, and yah I do think the bichirs look smart, so idk if that was sarcasm on ur part? Just because theyre primitive makes them not smart? I think they must be pretty smart for them to be around after all these years.

well Rock already schooled you in "just because they are long lived does not make them intelligent..."

and I thought you said something like

"just from their facial structure it seems like they r more intelligent than the average fish imo"

But maybe I made that up? anyway if a species lives for a long time that means you are well adapted to your environment and has nothing to do with intelligence sooo yeah plz do not talk science if you are not informed at all...

And so what if the fin was not healing in 2 WEEKS there is no time so w/e man you to me r full of excuses and you just talk with no substance but I see though you for what you really are and just try to talk you way out of things but you are not that slick

And hey I'm sure you have plenty of money to throw away $95 so what ever but this to me just bothers me on how you keep fish ... I really just think its a bad representation of fish keepers especially of this site. to just get them then ditch them.. so some us Fish mean a lot and its not just something to impress our friends it is something to open our minds , excite us, allow us to lean, and bring a part of nature to where we can see it ...

we just have VERY different philosophies on fish keeping and I'm vocal

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Oh possibly but with how big his bio load was (pooped more than a pleco, were talking huge spaghetti strands) I didn't want to add any other fish in his tank, and with how aggressive buttis are known to be, I didn't think it would be fair to the other fishes

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

Come on guys. We all know how this works by now. Right now we are in the " talking up " phase. Where the fish is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its the meanest , most intelligent , most active and what other blah blah blah there is. In a week or two when he is tired of it he will start listing whatever " faults " he can find in order to have an excuse to get rid of it.
Just man up and admit to whats really going on SD. You keep a fish long enough to post pics and have some conversations going on some forums. Trying to get some attention. When that dies down and there is no more ohhs and ahhs about your fish , its time for something new to get the attention going again.

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Ha man Eddie always so touchy, I didn't say u made that up? And I said they look intelligent, people say the same thing about Oscars but u don't write them paragraphs on how wrong they are lol and exactly fish are suppose to excite us, and enjoy, and if ur getting neither from it, its time to move on, and thanks for the compliment on the slickness lol I've really been trying to get in touch with my smooth talking side working in retail ;)

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Ha fire storm I don't keep fish for compliments from u guys, yes I appreciate them but I keep fish for myself, if something about the fish prevents me from enjoying them then why should I be forced to keep it, when there is someone else out there who will love it? That's unfair to me and the fish, and bichirs are usually pretty passive so definitely my flower horn will retain the most aggressive title, the bichir does get the award for the most active, and most intelligent? Idk yet, but he does look pretty smart when he's sitting still lol

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

you will be a good salesman ... I will say that...

annoying ... but a good salesman

as for me I have written many O'paragraphs to many people about many things... don't feel so special ;)

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: post your Bichir snaps

There is always something that prevents you from enjoying the fish. This one will be no different.
And if the Birchir does get the award for most intelligent , well , I guess then at least one of you two has an award for being smart...

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Man annoying and dumb in two posts :) I love this site!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds