I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

I get some full tank shots here in a couple of weeks, I had to cut all the jungle Val down cause it was melting and fouling the water so when it grows back I'll do an update, right now it looks kinda bare

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

I love the cories as well. When there's 15 of them, I would really appreciate a video of the shoal. Something about schooling catfish is just awesome.

The discus also look nice. Somehow I want to believe that an interesting home also makes fish happier, so they will also like the change.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

Those cories can live from 15-19 years if taken care of real well. My last one died at 19 years old just a couple of years ago.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

Discus look great, BK. One thing I might add is that if you're going to add gravel, you may want to consider daily WC's, just so the water remains pristine. When I kept Discus, I did like a 75% WC every day, & they thrived.

Did you try getting them on krill? Mine used to tear it up!!

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Big-Ken

Right now I'm doing every other 75% but I think I'm either going to start doing every day wc or move back to pool filter sand. right now they are eating super beef heart flake, freeze dried black worms, frozen blood worms, tetra color bits, and earthworm flake, I'll have to give krill a try....... frozen??

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

Nina_W wrote: I love the cories as well. When there's 15 of them, I would really appreciate a video of the shoal. Something about schooling catfish is just awesome.

The discus also look nice. Somehow I want to believe that an interesting home also makes fish happier, so they will also like the change.

I agree I think fish enjoy stimulation also!!

I think fish guy put up a article on CA open water hunters like jags about who if they live alone they like that human interaction it was a good little read

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

Big-Ken wrote: Right now I'm doing every other 75% but I think I'm either going to start doing every day wc or move back to pool filter sand. right now they are eating super beef heart flake, freeze dried black worms, frozen blood worms, tetra color bits, and earthworm flake, I'll have to give krill a try....... frozen??

Nope, FD, soaked w/ Vita-Chem. ( ought to get a cut of their profits for plugging them so much!!LOL But it really is great stuff)Did you get some of the beef-heart flake? My angels & discus LOVED this stuff, & got some nice bulk to them. (AngelsPlus carries it.) I currently feed to my clown loaches, & they go bonkers for it.

Just curious, why would sand be better than gravel? I only used it 1X, & it compacted & got in the filter, I just consider it a mess!! And if you move the discus too much, they might get spooked & might not come out of their shell.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Big-Ken

The super beef heart flake i got is from Inland Empire Discus, its got the higest content of beef heart of all the flakes on the market and contains nori powder and Andrew Soh's pro growth (discus vitamin supplement and immune booster), its said to be hands down the best flake food there is for discus and the price reflects that $30 for a half pound :blink:

With the sand uneaten food and poop will just sit on top and i can siphon it off everynight so it doesnt foul the water and still do every other day wc

The sand i use is white pool filter sand from a local pool supply store, its pre-washed manufactured glass beads and i can pour it directly from the bag and it sinks straight to the bottom and only clouds the tank for like 5-10 minutes and doest get stired up or sucked up by the filters, i have my canister intake 2" from the bottom and never had any issues.

• Thank you received: 7

jsvalenti replied the topic: Re: I couldnt wait ANY longer!¡!

Beautiful Discus! I love the corys too

I am the ring-leader!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

Whew!! $30 a lb for fish food?? I thought I spoiled my fish!! ;) Does that sand have a brand name, BK? I am trying to sell my house, so all my fish are in smaller tanks right now to accomodate the move(& my 180's going Saturday!!), & I may have to look into that when I go to my new home & get my new big tank.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds