What NOT to buy

  • Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4258
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

fishguy66 wrote: BK,
I saw your fish.....how about you post a new vid here to show people what quality discus do look like?

funny enough I was going to do a video update of the tanks this week, was waiting for the issues to subside

Here's a video I did a few weeks ago after the rescape, its not the highest quality but it will due till I do another one in with the HD camera. My fish came from Kenny Cheung who is an importer in Cali, he brings them in from Forrest a breeder in Asia. My fish are high quality but not show quality due to the broken and crooked bars, this is a genetic visual flaw but I don't mind it I think it gives them character
#257273

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Posts: 6163
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

Are those the "high-body" strain? The Asian breeders seem to really dedicate themselves to that body type. They will get to be the size of dinner plates. They are stunning when full grown. Pics & vids really don't do them justice. Color is phenomenal.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
#257301

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Posts: 15869
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

eveythough I commented on this video b4 I still believe they have such a great blue that they glow!!

yeah looking normal now its time for a update !! I think I am finally going to unveil my big tank to this week !! :)

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals


#257306

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4258
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

fishguy66 wrote: Are those the "high-body" strain? The Asian breeders seem to really dedicate themselves to that body type. They will get to be the size of dinner plates. They are stunning when full grown. Pics & vids really don't do them justice. Color is phenomenal.

yes they are considered high-body, the parents of my discus are a f2 FGB turq with giant high body genetics and a giant metallic blue scorpion

Currently he's backcrossing the offspring to the metallic blue scorpion to gain more metallic

These have the genetics to easily hit 8", a few of mine are already showing there potential I can't wait till they get big
#257336

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4258
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

ehall67 wrote: eveythough I commented on this video b4 I still believe they have such a great blue that they glow!!

yeah looking normal now its time for a update !! I think I am finally going to unveil my big tank to this week !! :)


If you think they glow from that video wait till I shot in HD :ohmy: I wish you could see them in person the blue its incredible
#257337

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Posts: 15869
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

ik me to !! and cant wait for the video !!!

where do you live missouri right ? that cant be that from from OHIO can it :pinch:

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals


#257617

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4258
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

ehall67 wrote: ik me to !! and cant wait for the video !!!

where do you live missouri right ? that cant be that from from OHIO can it :pinch:

Its only like 800 miles or so, leave now and you should be pulling in my driveway as I'm walking out the door tomorrow morning :silly:
#257684

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Firestorm8215
  • Firestorm8215's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

They are beautiful Ken. I can understand how one can sit there and just watch fish for hours. :)
#257689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Posts: 15869
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

Big-Ken wrote:

ehall67 wrote: ik me to !! and cant wait for the video !!!

where do you live missouri right ? that cant be that from from OHIO can it :pinch:

Its only like 800 miles or so, leave now and you should be pulling in my driveway as I'm walking out the door tomorrow morning :silly:


sounds good see you ummm not so soon lol :S

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals


#257707

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 4258
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

Firestorm8215 wrote: They are beautiful Ken. I can understand how one can sit there and just watch fish for hours. :)

thank you Sandra, i am quite enamored by them it really makes all the work to keep them worth it B)
#257708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds