What NOT to buy

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

I wondered about that peppering also ... and never knew you could stop it wow !! ken you have done some great research on discus you always have something good to add B)

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

cebosound wrote: thats the problem i found with some of the Discus at my LFS. they were all "peppered". the guy said that is part of there genetics and it won't go away. ... i don't like it. :(.. but love the solid colors. :unsure:

Peppering comes from either poor breeding stock our being kept in a tank with dark substrate/background, if the ones kept in dark conditions are caught early the peppering can be reversed but peppering from bad breeding stock can't be reversed. If the solid colors are what you want go for it just be sure your getting good quality and Kennys quality is top notch

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: What NOT to buy

ehall67 wrote: I wondered about that peppering also ... and never knew you could stop it wow !! ken you have done some great research on discus you always have something good to add B)

thank you Eddie, I love to learn and ever since I first got an O and put it in a 10g then found this place I pride myself in my research and with how much discus cost I wanted to learn as much as possible before making that leap

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds