on the right track now!!

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

Nina_W wrote:

ehall67 wrote: I would love to breed the Jags and something else and sell them but not sure how to go about it

Eddie, when a boy fish and a girl fish love each other very much...

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Lots of tanks Eddie, there is no way around it. I'm drawing up plans right now to start building a fish room after Christmas, right now I'm planning on 4 20h breeding tanks and 4 55g grow out tanks and I'm contemplating building a 3rd rack to hold another 2 of each so I can expand without having to redo everything. This room will be only for angelfish and I'm going to drill every tank and hard line in a drain refill system in and hardline in an air manifold system to be ran by a single large air pump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

Big-Ken wrote:

Nina_W wrote:

ehall67 wrote: I would love to breed the Jags and something else and sell them but not sure how to go about it

Eddie, when a boy fish and a girl fish love each other very much...

LMAO :lol: :lol:

Lots of tanks Eddie, there is no way around it. I'm drawing up plans right now to start building a fish room after Christmas, right now I'm planning on 4 20h breeding tanks and 4 55g grow out tanks and I'm contemplating building a 3rd rack to hold another 2 of each so I can expand without having to redo everything. This room will be only for angelfish and I'm going to drill every tank and hard line in a drain refill system in and hardline in an air manifold system to be ran by a single large air pump

You gonna run multiple sponge filters, Ken?

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

that sounds awesome KEN!!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Big-Ken

Ya Jack, the pump I'm getting its $125 and can support up to 25 lines. There won't be a single canister or power filter down there

Eddie- I know I'm excited

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

Your system sounds truly fantastic :) When I raise fry, they take over the hospital tank for the few months that they take to get up to size, nothing like this - but then, this is hardly effective at raising lots of fry from many spawns.

The daily water changes gets me, honestly. It's alright for a month or two, but after that I start feeling like I'm missing out on other things - with your system, it will be dead simple.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

you will have a real breeding center !!

I cant wait to see the step by step set up of this it is going to be epic ... for OFL also man!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Big-Ken

I am going to build the drain refill so each tank has a shutoff valve so I can pick and choose which one gets a wc. Realistically if I had a 250g storage tank I could do a wc on all 12 tanks at once in less than 15min, unfortunately I only have a 100g storage tank so I'll have to setup a schedule. My mindset going into this is what can I do to make wc and tank upkeep as easy and fast as possible

• Big-Ken

ehall67 wrote: you will have a real breeding center !!

I cant wait to see the step by step set up of this it is going to be epic ... for OFL also man!

That's the plan, each 20h will contain a pair and each 55g will be assigned to 20h for that pairs fry to grow out. The crappy part of it is each pair will be producing faster than I can grow out and move so once the tanks are full I'll have to cull entire spawns, once I move and have more room I can upgrade the 55g to 120g but till then I have to make due with the 55g

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: on the right track now!!

Ken, would it be possible to separate the parents until you're ready for more fry? Maybe divide them from each other, or take one up to the display tank for a time?

• Big-Ken

Nina_W wrote: Ken, would it be possible to separate the parents until you're ready for more fry? Maybe divide them from each other, or take one up to the display tank for a time?

I've been thinking about that cause I really don't want to cull entire spawns, I'm just not sure if its alright to leave one by itself in a 20 our if I should setup another display tank for the opposite sex so they're not alone

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds