quick angelfish update

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

BlueMoonJay wrote: Wow, my angels dont hold a candle to them. I wish I had a breeding pair, but I'm certain I have 2 males :(

Maybe Big Ken could ship you some when he get's some juvi's on the market

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Big-Ken
  • Big-Ken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

Nina_W wrote: Those little ones have grown really well :)

The green on that last angelfish steals the show. Wow.

Ya they have taken off in the last few weeks, he's still young and developing his color so I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out

Firestorm8215 wrote: What cute babies Ken ! :) And the adult ones are beautiful.

Thanks Sandra, I'm back to really enjoying the fishkeeping again. Hopefully by spring I'll have some good looking angels ready for new homes

ehall67 wrote: Now that is a fish big ken!!! I love the grim reaper!!! that thing looks awesome ...

If I ever go the angel fish route that will be the fish I need !!!! ( well his babies that is ;) )

What tank size do the need and can they live by themselves ? just wondering if I could get a small room tank with one in it ... :whistle:

I love that fish look are they ever that dark black with purple or blues ? ik they have lots of colors now because you said it!

Thanks Eddie, I keep my pairs in a 20h but you could make a nice little community with a 29g, you could have a single angel, nice little pleco, and some cardinal tetras (angels won't eat those if you get them big enough). I haven't seen any purple but there are some special things being done with the Philippine blue gene, that's were my focus will be

• Big-Ken

fishguy66 wrote: I really wouldn't go any smaller than a 29H for a pair; I kept my breeding pair of Silvers in there, & grew out babies in a 55. Daily WC's all around, of course. Big Angels will take small mealworms w/ gusto, BTW, & this is how I conditioned mine to breed(REAL small MW's, though, 'bout the size of a pinky nail, most good pet shops that carry herps have them) ;)

I REALLY want to get some DD Blacks from AngelsPlus, but really can't get into breeding w/ wanting to move & all......someday, though, I will.

Your Angels are great looking, Ken, but school me.....why are you crossing the Koi w/ the Veiltail(& what kind of Angel is that again?); what do you think you will get genetics-wise out of this pairing?? I'm real curious to see the results, if it happens....

thanks Jack, Steve over there at angelsplus makes some beautiful fish. Primarily I'm crossing the two to see if the dark one has a hidden stripes gene, female is a Confirmed red koi (Gm/Gm x S/S) and the male is a dark smokey super veil (D/+ x Sm/+ x V/V) but it might contain stripeless (S/+) so by crossing it to a koi I can confirm his genetic make up by what he throws. If any of the fry are blushing (S/S) that confirms a hidden stripless gene

JasonR wrote: Man the juvi's are looking great Ken! That male is a stud!!

Thanks Jason, he's one of my favorites

BlueMoonJay wrote: Wow, my angels dont hold a candle to them. I wish I had a breeding pair, but I'm certain I have 2 males :(

Once I'm up and running I should have some stuff that looks similar to both of them, shipping can be a little steep but when it comes to quality fish you have to pay to play, and trust me once to see something high quality next to regular LFS fish you wouldn't think twice about having fish shipped in

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

wow ken. your angels are doing a great job breeding.

i like that greenish one. very cool. both are beautiful.

do you like those angels more than youd did the discus.

i'm still sad you got rid of them.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Thank you received: 14

BlueMoonJay replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

My lfs doesn't really carry angels anymore, nor do the chain pet stores in my area. I've kept my eye on Aquabid, bit nothing really within my price range. I would love to come across the male in your pic with the Koi. Absolutely stunning

• Big-Ken

Everyone its free swimming and gobbling up bbs and decaps with gusto!!

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

nice project Ken.

glad to hear you are really enjoying fish keeping again.

it seemed like you were having fun with the DIscus for a while.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Thank you received: 41

Marshal replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

Nice one Ken, you've got loads. Have you counted them? :silly:

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: quick angelfish update

I love how they change into angels over time. They're growing well, Ken. I am excited for you to see these guys mature.

• Big-Ken

cebosound wrote: nice project Ken.

glad to hear you are really enjoying fish keeping again.

it seemed like you were having fun with the DIscus for a while.

I am enjoying it again, the discus were cool and I did enjoy them but when my angels paired up and spawned the first time I realized just how much I liked angelfish, I remember having one as a kid and it was my favorite, and after that every time I looked at the discus tank I imagined angels in there so the water changes became annoying cause I really wanted a big planted community tank with angelfish as the stars. I knew them I needed to get rid of them before I started slacking on the water changes and stunted them and then they would be worthless

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds