Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

Yeah, they are a good looking fish.....I've seen them for sale & the color is amazing.

At 1st I though you were talking about the Greens Sevs w/ all the red dots on the flanks, which are "true" Sevs, Heros Severus(the ones commonly seen today are Heros Appendiculatus or Fasciatus).....H. Severus is hard to find, but amazing fish....

If you look closely @ the 1st photo, you can see the red dots I'm referring to....if I could find a pair of these guys, I would def make the room....pics don't do them justice.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STAFFIE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Pink floyd + fish = Bliss
  • Thank you received: 40

STAFFIE replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

Yeah i have a normal sev with the stripes and the blue.
But no red on that one.
Iv looked at google images and there really is some nice color variants.

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

Nina_W wrote: With glo-fish (danios and black skirt tetras with the same 'glo' spliced onto their dna using corals and jellyfish sources) only about half of the spawn comes out 'glo'. When you spawn a 'glo' danio with a regular golden danio, you get only regular danio babies (but I suspect half may be 'glo' carriers - like an EBJD).

So with a normal angel, I'd expect the trait to dissapear, and reappear again in a very few of their babies. But this is speculation. Who knows whether this is even the same process as the one used to make 'glofish'? Probably.

I agree with Eddie that a lot of good comes from GM as well, but when it comes to entertainment - like these fish, I just don't know. What would people make of a fluorescent puppy? Or fluorescent children (it would sure improve road safety at night!)

This can't last, though. Surely the 'copyright' that prevents people from breeding them at home can't be enforced. (ha! Will they also provide little fishy cotnraceptives?)

The thought in the angelfish world is that it is a recessive gene so you wouldn't see it again till the F2 generation but that wont be known till people can run some crosses. My understanding is that they are not for sell yet due to they cant figure out how make them sterile, there are alot of angel breeders that are chomping at the bit to get a hold of some and i think the company knows not much can be done with enforcement of the 'copyright'

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

The mad scientists that made these things will probably figure out a way.....like if they breed, they will explode!! :evil:

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

fishguy66 wrote: The mad scientists that made these things will probably figure out a way.....like if they breed, they will explode!! :evil:

lmao i hope so that would kick ass, seriously though i hope they figure it out cause im not a fan. These glo angels are just platinum with the dna inserted but i would rather have a platium in my tank than one of these mutants

Platinum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nandopsis

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

fishguy66 wrote: The mad scientists that made these things will probably figure out a way.....like if they breed, they will explode!! :evil:

Hilarious!!! but great looking Sevs !!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Fluorescent angelfish at Taiwan show

Big-Ken wrote:

lmao i hope so that would kick ass, seriously though i hope they figure it out cause im not a fan. These glo angels are just platinum with the dna inserted but i would rather have a platium in my tank than one of these mutants

could not agree more here. Lovely angelfish, and my sentiments as well :)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

Big-Ken wrote:

Platinum

Wow. Pretty cool....That's a lot of breeding to get rid of the black bars; is that blue in the fins?

My personal faves are DD Black & Wild Silvers.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds