55 Angel Tank?

• EdgeX600
  • EdgeX600's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

EdgeX600 created the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Hey guys, A while back I had my 55 filled with africans after a little bit i decided against africans and rehomed them and took the tank down. Now i am thinking about setting it back up for some angel fish.

How many would be a good number in a 55? what are their ideal tank mates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

otmmy replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I have a 55 with 2 angels and a little senegal bichir.U could prob put 2-3 in there but u must remember that they are cichlids and they can be territorial.I wouldnt do more than two.U could do a pair of angels a small school of tetras and some cories.Its up to you though just name some fish u like and we can tell u if they will be ok.Here is a website that can help with stocking. aqadvisor.com/

• EdgeX600
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

EdgeX600 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

otmmy wrote: I have a 55 with 2 angels and a little senegal bichir.U could prob put 2-3 in there but u must remember that they are cichlids and they can be territorial.I wouldnt do more than two.U could do a pair of angels a small school of tetras and some cories.Its up to you though just name some fish u like and we can tell u if they will be ok.Here is a website that can help with stocking. aqadvisor.com/

Hey thanks for the reply, i've been doing some research and alot of people say not to keep smaller tetras with angels. is there any type of tetra that can go with them? also cories seem to be recommended alot cories are a type of catfish no?

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I wouldn't keep more than 4 adult angels in a 55,

cardinal tetras, mollies, platties, cories, small plecos, rams all can be kept with angels

• Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Guppies!! Least I think you can keep them, lol.

• Thank you received: 6

ML replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I would recommend three or four, from personnel experience two doesn't work unless their a pair.

• Thank you received: 7

otmmy replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Cardinals would be fine I hadrummy nose with mine and they didnt get eaten. I ended up moving them because of my bichir.

• EdgeX600
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

EdgeX600 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Thanks everyone for the replies, so 3-4 angels and the tank mates should be fine?

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Yep, that should be just fine. Just don't go crazy with the tankmates, 100 little tetras also overstock a tank :P

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

As long as they are not fin nippers(EX Tiger barbs), most schooling fish do well w/ Angels. HOWEVER, Angelfish are cichlids in good standing, (they are carnivorous)& believe me, they will eat anything they can fit in their mouths, which are extendable & a lot bigger than they appear . I had a pair of wild Silvers(P. Scalare), & when they got big enough, my very expensive Cardinals & Rummynose started disappearing; quite a pricey meal for Angelfish.

I would go w/ larger Tetras, like Congo or Buenos Aires, so they can't become a meal.

4 Angels max in a 55; if you get a pair, you will have 2, as they will kill the other Angels when they breed.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds