55 Angel Tank?

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

if you want to breed them, start off with 6 smaller ones, grow them out untill a pair forms and sell the others, add 5-6 corydoras and perhaps 2-3 bristlenoses and you've got yourself a hell of a tank :)
i love my corys in my angel tank, constantly moving around on ground level.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I still vote for guppies... lol

• Thank you received: 14

BlueMoonJay replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I vote for no more than 4 also. I tried introducing 2 of my quarter sized angels with my pair in my 55 and that lasted all of 1 hour and I had to get the babies back out. If you get a pair, its going to be best to just get them their own 20h or whatever. As far as mates go, I loved my Senegal Bichir with mine, but he ate my cory's.

I also have mollies in with my angels now and the tank works out great, except for spawning time.

• EdgeX600
  • EdgeX600's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

EdgeX600 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

Thanks for the replies everyone. One more question, Once i seed the filter with media from my 125 should I put the tank mates in first wait a little while then pick up the angels? or should I pick them all up at once?

• Thank you received: 7

otmmy replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

I would put the tank mates in first then wait abit then add the angels

• EdgeX600
  • EdgeX600's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

EdgeX600 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

otmmy wrote: I would put the tank mates in first then wait abit then add the angels

that's what I figured. someone mentioned they have mollies in with their angels would that be a good idea? with some corys?

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

corys are always nice, you could do mollies but make sure they have plenty of hiding places for when the angels are spawning :)

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• Thank you received: 0

cihlenfeld replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

New to this forum/site and saw this post and wanted to share my experience with stock level on a 55.
I have a 55 myself and I have 11 full grown angels in the tank, with 3 spawning pairs and have had no issues whatsoever. They were all put in together as nickle sized babies and they have been in that tank for 3 years now. I also have 3 rainbow sharks and 11 cory cats with them. The rainbows are only in there to grow untill they are large enough for the oscar tank. I also had 2 banded leaponranis(sp?) and a clown loach with the angels for almost a year while growing them for the oscar tank(my oscars are huge).
I know you all will prolly flame me for having 11 angels in one tank, but I have had no issues with them, they all get along fine, even when breeding and have even had a few babies grow to rehoming size. It also is a heavily planted tank with a mix of fake plants and live...mostly live plants(java fern, sword, lillies).
As for tankmates, just stay away from fin nippers. Most peaceful community fish will work well. Yes mollies and guppies will work with them and they are great automatic food dispensers. I also have another 55 with 5 angels in it along with mix of tetras, mollies, and dwarf gouramis.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

cihlenfeld wrote: New to this forum/site and saw this post and wanted to share my experience with stock level on a 55.
I have a 55 myself and I have 11 full grown angels in the tank, with 3 spawning pairs and have had no issues whatsoever. They were all put in together as nickle sized babies and they have been in that tank for 3 years now. I also have 3 rainbow sharks and 11 cory cats with them. The rainbows are only in there to grow untill they are large enough for the oscar tank. I also had 2 banded leaponranis(sp?) and a clown loach with the angels for almost a year while growing them for the oscar tank(my oscars are huge).
I know you all will prolly flame me for having 11 angels in one tank, but I have had no issues with them, they all get along fine, even when breeding and have even had a few babies grow to rehoming size. It also is a heavily planted tank with a mix of fake plants and live...mostly live plants(java fern, sword, lillies).
As for tankmates, just stay away from fin nippers. Most peaceful community fish will work well. Yes mollies and guppies will work with them and they are great automatic food dispensers. I also have another 55 with 5 angels in it along with mix of tetras, mollies, and dwarf gouramis.

would you mind telling us your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH readings? How old are these fish? And what size are they?

Only then can we really say if they're fine or not. Surviving and thriving are very different things.

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sdraiders619 replied the topic: 55 Angel Tank?

cihlenfeld wrote: New to this forum/site and saw this post and wanted to share my experience with stock level on a 55.

Overstocked! :pinch:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds