SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

• jheckman91
  • jheckman91's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

jheckman91 created the topic: SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

Hey guys its been awhile since I've been on here but I need some help. One of my brothers angel fish is sick. He's laying on his side and appears to have trouble swimming. Every once in awhile hell swim up to the top but it's exhausting for him. All of the water parameters are good no ammonia nitrates under five ph is 7.4. He's in there with a another angelfish, they are a mating pair. They got into a fight about a week ago but it was no worse than usual. I'm thinking its swim bladder, cause its lasted a couple days but he wasn't swimming around funny just laid at the bottom upright at first and now he's completely on his side does anyone know how to treat this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Best81 replied the topic: SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

sorry to here this man.i had angel fish at one time there touch and go.as silver dollars.sorry i could not help.maybe some one will help soon

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

try separating it from it's mate into a quarantaine tank, daily 50% waterchanges on that tank and try to feed it some pellets soaked in vitachem, are there any other signs? heavy breathing or anything on the exterior of the fish? if it is swim bladder, there's really not much you can do against it, try feeding it some very small pieces of green peas.

hope for the best, keep us informed

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Best81

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

Swimbladder is not usually fatal, but it can be tough to cure. It can be caused by injury, poor water quality and/or constipation. Lots of partial WC's for water quality & the feeding of peas as mentioned for constipation(IF you can get them to take them...not easy)& also there is the salt method(giving them salt baths)can work.

I would also give the sick fish a tank of it's own for treatment; it will heal much faster.

If none of these treatments work the fish in question should be humanely put down.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: SICK ANGELFISH HELP!!!

for a salt bath, if you want to try it, mix 3 to 5 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon in a bucket, add an air stone if you have one, and place fishy in there for half an hour to an hour.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds