Angelfish Compatibility?

• Josh7
  • Josh7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Josh7 created the topic: Angelfish Compatibility?

I know I haven't been here in a while but I figured out what to do with my 55 gallon I talked about a while back. So far I have cycled it and all that I have 2 Marineland 350 penguins for filtration and play sand as a a substrate. So as of now I have 1 tiny 4 inch senegal bichir in it. I want a final stock of something like

1- Senegal Bichir
1- African Brown Knife
2- Angelfish

Is this a doable tank or are these fish not compatible with angels? Also if the angels don't work any other ideas of another cichlid I could put in the tank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Angelfish Compatibility?

if you want the angels to breed or really flourish i would not put them in there with an african brown knife, those things can be mean!! if you're looking into something fun: keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii) they are very nice to watch and not found very often.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• Josh7
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Josh7 replied the topic: Angelfish Compatibility?

I wasn't really looking for them to breed I just wanted two of them but they won't work in that setup?

• Thank you received: 14

BlueMoonJay replied the topic: Angelfish Compatibility?

I've actually had that combination and it doesn't work. The Bichir was way to aggressive towards my angels and stressed the living hell out of them. Same with the ABK, not a good match just due to differences in water parameters.

Look into dwarf cichlids personally. German blue rams or Bolivian rams are always a good choice with Angels. I have mollies in with my baby angels and all is well. Just be careful if ya come across a breeding pair, then keep them alone. Best of luck man!

• Josh7
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Oh ok I won't be getting angels then since I already have the bichir and I really like him he's a awesome fish. If I get a Brown knife with him though any ideas of what else I could add with these two fish?. Preferably two cichlids would kribs work or maybe firemouths or a solo Blue Acara?

• Thank you received: 14

BlueMoonJay replied the topic: Angelfish Compatibility?

If you already have the Bichir, don't get the Brown knife. With your Bichir, I would look into something like tiger barbs, I had good luck with that combo. Just don't get anything that will fit in its mouth.

• Josh7
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Ok and why not get the brown knife I thought bichir and knifes were compatible and do well together?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds