Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

• theniceguy9112
  • theniceguy9112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 created the topic: Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

Just as the title states. I currently have a 20 gallon tall tank with some little fish in there, but I'm thinking to replacing them and getting a Angel Fish to put into it. Curious to know if you guys think its a good idea or if I should use a bigger tank to do this with. Filtration is very good (currently using a HOB for a 40 gallon tank), water quality is perfect (everything is at 0 and nitrates are under 20), and I'd love to still stick with cichlids in my home. Let me know what you guys think! Will he have plenty of room?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

I think 20GL is small for an Angel.......you would have to re-home the rest, & keep as a single specimen, along w/ frequent WC's.....Angel do get quite large, especially vertically, I have had male Silver Angels get 10" from tip of dorsal to tip of anal fins.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 18

mishka replied the topic: Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

^ I agree, I don't keep angelfish because they're so delicate water perimeter wise, they're aggressive towards other fish though, but from my personal experience I think they're hard to keep, and I had one in a 125g that literally just dropped dead one morning with no warning signs or symptoms, but if you do decide to go that way, GL!

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

Don't do it. It's a PITA to maintain a 20g with 2 angels. I've tried it before and it got old within a year.

• theniceguy9112
  • theniceguy9112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: Thinking of Angel Fish for my 20 gallon tank...

I appreciate the advice on this. I'll come up with another idea for that tank. So how many could I roll with in a 55 gallon tank with some silver dollars or something? I was supposed to get my hands on a 125 gallon tank to move my Oscar into, but the deal I had fell through so I'm currently trying to rehome him since he's outgrowing the tank.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds