Discus on CL

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis created the topic: Discus on CL

I was just tooling around CL, seeing what's on there.......just out of curiosity, I punched in Discus fish........among others, this came up:

cnj.craigslist.org/mob/4781474421.html

Sorta got the Discus bug again, decent price on juvies, look healthy, about an hour away, so I emailed this person:

"Hello,
Do you still have these Discus for sale? PH & GH of water please? Diet?"

And this is the reply I got:

Hi,
Yes, ph about 6.5, gh not sure!
Live black worms and cobalt Hans discus flakes!

And that stopped me right there. I have kept Discus in the past....& feeding live BW's is a HUGE mistake........I've had very expensive fish get sick &/or die from feeding these things.....not only that, but Discus can be very picky eaters....I'm not sure why this person would feed them this stuff, other than good growth rates.....I always fed my fry (when I bred them) a turkey heart mixture I made myself, & got very good growth rates. Shame, I was really thinking about getting back into them, but NO WAY I would buy them knowing what they were fed. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Discus on CL

That's interesting usually I don't bother asking what they feed. But discus is one of the fish I would like to try out. Knowing the cost of them I'm a bit iffy with the challenge. Good luck Jack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds