HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

• Bambinoboy57
  • Bambinoboy57's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Bambinoboy57 created the topic: HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

I got this 3-4 gallon aquarium with light and filter for 4 dollars. I'm making it a guppy tank. Is there enough oxygen being put in there from just the filter?
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

You just need surface agitation. You know when you are lacking in surface agitation is if the fish is gasping near the top.
  • Thank you received: 0

kel91 replied the topic: HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

I have a 10 gal guppy tank with just a filter and it has been up and running for months. You should be good! As stated above, just watch and make sure they aren't gasping near the surface. If so you might want to add a small air pump. Check kijiji or craigslist for some cheap ones, you will need the filter, aquarium tubing and an air stone of some sort. You can likely get all this for under $20, so if you notice the guppys opening and closing their mouths near the surface, you may want to invest. Another option is some live plants! Cheers and good luck!
  • Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

any kind of filter should make some sort of disturbance which would bring enough oxygen into the water
  • Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: HELP!!! Enough oxygen?!?!

This thread has been dead for 7 months. I am locking it and putting it back into the graveyard , where it may rest in peace... :dry:
Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds