stocking question

• Thank you received: 40

ehh created the topic: stocking question

so im about to start buying what i need to set up a 75 for the rd so ill have a left over 55 gallon and ive decided i want to turn it into a community tank. sorry rob, i would love a salvini or two but i want a tank with a lot of fish in it. my current stock list

8-10 rummy nose tetras
8-10 neon tetras
8-10 emperor tetras
6-8 cory catfish

is that too much? can i add more or should i add more to make the schools of each a little bigger? maybe another different school? should i add a cichla? lol jk

thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

kimmee replied the topic: stocking question

I had a tetra tank in the past and really loved it, you can easily put 30 tetras in there I don't know about 6-8 cory cats, don't they get as big as 4 inches, or am I confusing them with something else?

ehh replied the topic: stocking question

Awesome. I was hoping I could fit at least 30. Panda corys stay pretty small. Maybe two inches.

yea mine were always the more the merrier, but you might notice them segregating themselves. Mine always did. Neons on one side and the Glowlights on the other, they looked exactly the same except they were different colors. lol

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: stocking question

i see no problems with bio load.... and you'll never have to worry about territorial issues. you could start with that and take it from there. you could always add later on. maybe some rams or angels too.... just to add something with some size.

I just want to try something different. I thought of maybe adding a couple angles but I think I'd rather add another large school. Kimmee, I know they'll segregate but do they not move around the tank? They pick a corner and congregate there?

ehh wrote: I just want to try something different. I thought of maybe adding a couple angles but I think I'd rather add another large school. Kimmee, I know they'll segregate but do they not move around the tank? They pick a corner and congregate there?

No they shouldn't pick a territory, they will be all over the tank, but mostly stay with their own kind, I think it's neat how they know the difference. they are so much fun to watch and you can really pack them in there and have no worries! :)

btw, i know no one likes petsmart, but they have neons and and some others for 80 cents each this weekend....

Ah ok awesome! I don't mind them segregating as long as they're using the tank. If I can fit more ill prolly do schools of 15 :-) lol. This won't happen for a couple months though. I think I can get them cheaper where I work because I can buy them in bulk.

• Thank you received: 44

CalebZachary replied the topic: Re: stocking question

I got dainos for 80 cents

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds