Craigslist is driving me mad

• JBare
  • JBare's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Craigslist is driving me mad

I'm with you Frank! I've been looking for weeks and this is the crap I find. Anything nice is WAY over priced. I'm starting to feel I'd rather pay extra for a guarantee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Craigslist is driving me mad

yes craigs list is def a hit or miss .. mostly miss due to stupid people ..... but at times i do see some really NICE deals ~ sadly i have no room ......for any more tanks

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Craigslist is driving me mad

Before I got the 55 I was set on getting something used and im pretty sure it was jack that warned me about cl any way I needed up driving all over the place only to find tanks that weren't even the ones in the pic or way over priced....

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Craigslist is driving me mad

yup that's CL for you... deals comes in 1/10000 posts

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Craigslist is driving me mad

Ive just dealt with two horrible Craigslist ads, both awesome deals but zero response type people. One was a nice looking 36g bowfront with stand and everything for $20, Im sure it was gone the instant it went up... so pull the ad and at least say sorry its gone. The other was a free 75g stand that I responded to 40 min after it was up... again ad never pulled and zero response. Sometimes I hate dealing with people!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Craigslist is driving me mad

I got my 125GL AGA & a frame stand on CL for $160.....I spent another 40 bucks re-enforcing the stand w/ 3/4" plywood & fur 2X4's cut to fit.....$220 bucks, not bad....but I went thru HELL getting a guy that would deal.....currentky looking for a 90GL, but for what these jokers want, I could buy brand new. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Craigslist is driving me mad

If your lucky enough to have a local or semi local fish club check them out. Those guys realize the real value of a used tank.

• JBare
  • JBare's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Craigslist is driving me mad

I have no idea if we have a local fish club, but I'll look into it.

Darth, there is a 90 gal in my area now, but super expensive. Guy was keeping an arowana in it, he found the fish a home but didn't lower the price of the tank. Smuck.

Yeah, you should check out the Philly area ones.....crazy.

It's "schmuck"!!! :laugh:

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Craigslist is driving me mad

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Not just dirty...that tank's beat to hell. And has an ugly home stand & top. No more than $75, & that's w/ a water test.

I did a thread a while ago....CL People are Insane, or something like that....I think we need to start that back up, just for laughs!!! :laugh:

A very fun thing to waste time doing. :laugh: I almost posted some CL ads when i was first scouting for a new tank a little while back.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Craigslist is driving me mad

Craigslist isn't used much down here in Aus... Well, it is, but most of the ads are women (let's say women) trying to sell used underwear.

Gumtree is lots of fun. Got a 6x2 for $100, a 5x18 for $50, a 4x2x2 for $40 (that one is a bit beat up)... it's why my garage is full of fish tanks.

I feel sorry for these guys www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wyndham-vale/fish/oscar-cichlids-/1055790166

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds