10 gallon possibilities

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: 10 gallon possibilities

I kept a couple of pearl gouramis (a kind of dwarf g) for almost a year, until recently. They are fine elegant fish, though I ended up getting bored of them and switching out to a cryptohero tank after rehoming the Gs. I think a 10 gallon would be a perfect size for them. I think part of the reason I got bored is that I had them in a 37 tall and they kind of got lost in there. This would be a good opportunity to experiment with a planted tank too. They love hiding in the plants, but don't eat them, at least the species of plants I had. Coris are adorable, I think this would make a nice set up. Keep in mind that gouramis are Asian and Corris SA, so make sure that the water parameters are at an acceptable level to both.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:10 gallon possibilities

I will see if I can get an acceptable water setup to have both. The cory are already in a cycled tank so they don't have to go in. Was just thinking it would look nice with them on the bottom and the dwarf g mid water.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:10 gallon possibilities

I think mainly the cory's like a bit more acidic and the g's a bit harder, but both can thrive in a neutral environment, ph wise. Good luck!

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thank you sir. There will surely be a video and pics to follow.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: 10 gallon possibilities

Big-Ken has an excellent category on plants including lighting and substrates. The most important thing I learned is that you don't need high output lighting or co2 to have a nice planted tank. If you want plants with a lot of red color then you'll have high output lighting and co2, but with low to medium lighting many plants will grow just fine. An added benefit with medium lighting is that algae growth will be kept down. A good substrate is important for a planted tank though. Flourite is what I have and it comes with all the minerals/elememts plants will need. Flourite also does a good job of keeping those minerals in the substrate. The downside is the cost. You need one bag for a ten gallon tank which is about $35 at petsmart or petco.
Big-Ken's Plant info:
www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/38-plants

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thanks Mike. I will Def study up on all the aspects and make sure I have all the right equipment before I get into it.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds