Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

• RainBrain
  • RainBrain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

RainBrain created the topic: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

1. Parachromis Dovii. The wolf cichlid or dovii cichlid. This species is by far the most ferocious and destructive cichlid anyone can own. The wolf cichlid can do some serious damage to another fish, especially when fighting. They are equipped with a BIG SET OF TEETH, BIG MOUTH, and an EXTREMELY MUSCULAR BODY. Now imagine those equipped tools on a 25 inch cichlid, that there is the infamous dovii.

2. Nandopsis Haitiensis. Black nasty cichlid or Haitian cichlid. This species is literally black hell. They are hyper aggressive cichlids that kill other fish as a hobby of their own. They get pretty big too, so theres no playing games with this species.

3. Nandopsis Beani. Beani cichlid or the Green Guapote cichlid. These guys are psychotic, they will kill everything if given the chance. Not as large or well built as the dovii but that wont stop this devil from challenging it. I have seen some beani's go after a fish two times their size, it was some sight.

4. Nandopsis Grammodes. Grammodes cichlid or Mini Dovii cichlid. This species are highly aggressive, and are very skilled fighters. They never seem to know when to stop, they will fight until death sometimes.

5. Amphilophus Labiatus. Red Devil cichlid. This species is a perfect definition of a ''demon'', they are outrageously mean. They kill for no reason-must be in their blood.

6. Parachromis Motaguense. Motaguense cichlid. This species are just younger cousins to the dovii cichlid, seriously. They are medium sized cichlids that are packed with speed, power, and strength.

7. Caqeutaia Umbrierus. Umbee cichlid. This species are enormous and are highly territorial. Their size might scare another fish, but the truth is these guys are not the greatest fighters. A nip here-there and it will quit. If it wasn't for their size they wouldn't even make it on this list.

8. Parachromis Managuense. Jaguar cichlid. This species are over protective of their territory. They can guard 24/7 no joke.

9. Nanadopsis Istlantus. Istlanum cichlid. This species have temper problems. They will get pist off over any little thing. Not a cichlid to under estimate still, they are heavily built.

10. Amphilophus Festae. True red terror cichlid or festae. This species are soft little fish when juveniles but as they age they become fierce and extremely valiant.

11. Nandopsis Tetracanthus. Cuban cichlid. A slow growing cichlid that dominates a lot of larger fish. You could call it a "mini haitiensis".

12. Amphilophus Trimaculatus. Trimac cichlid. A big bruiser.

13. Nandopsis Salvini. Salvini cichlid. A pretty little cichlid with a nasty attitude.

14. Nandopsis Urophthalmus. Mayan cichlid or false red terror cichlid. A very stubborn and determined cichlid when it comes to asserting dominance.

15. Herichthys Bartoni. Bartoni cichlid. You can call this cichlid a "mini umbee".

16. Amphilophus Citrinellus. Midas cichlid. Almost like the red devil but is more outgoing.

17. Amphilophus Saggitae. Black Devil cichlid. This species is a hit or miss, you either have one that is evil or passive.

18. Amphilophus Amarillo. A bulky cichlid that loves to guard it's territory.

19. Amphilophus Zaliosus. An interesting species when it comes to attitude, they have bi-polar issues. One day their calm, the next day their psycho.

20. Herichthys Cynoguttatus. The infamous texas cichlid, these species of cichlid are bizarre when it comes to aggression. Some are ONLY aggressive towards their own kind, while others are ONLY aggressive towards other species of fish.

21. Rocio Octofasciata. Jack Dempsey cichlid. A very underrated cichlid. I have had plenty of these cichlids in the past. What's strange is majority of them are somewhat peaceful, but I came across a couple that were insanely tough and aggressive. The couple that were crazy actually even killed the most aggressive cichlids on this list.

This list shows the most aggressive 'CA/SA' cichlids. If I could add an African cichlid, Tilapia buttikoferi would make in the TOP 3 easily. So could some of the mbuna's.

Tell me what you think of this list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

this has been discussed before here, we had similar conclusions about american cichlids, but it seems that african cichlids can be really aggressive, experts here say any melanochromis would be easily equivalent to dovii when it comes to agrressive temperament, it can easily annoy fish twice its size.
Hybrid fish aren't mentioned, parrots are very dirty fish..

I have seen some extremely nasty africans, that's why I am being very careful building my african community.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

Butti can be pretty much the most agressive ive seen.

Haku, I knew your were good.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

Im not a fan of lists like these. Nobody has enough experience with a large sample of each species to come to any definitive conclusions esp when many of these can be very close in aggression levels. Plus aggressiveness and ability to inflict damage or kill are often spoke of as if they are one in the same but clearly they are not.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

istlanums are meant to be aggresive and seeing them with their babies yea they are mean now :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

you should throw some pictures up with the write up...

and the list can be subjective but has some nice commentary

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

Add Neetroplus Nematopus. Small CA cichlid, but EXTREMELY aggressive.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• RainBrain
  • RainBrain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

RainBrain replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

@JasonR

Nobody?

I have owned at least 5 of each species on the list. I have bred each species as well. I have had a lot of experience.

I do agree that every fish has their personality, therefore some are meaner than others. This list was the most aggressive fish on average.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

you got some videos of your set ups I would love to see em :)

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Top 21 MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLIDS!?!?

nice list.

was the jaguar listed twice? :unsure:

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds