Umbees and Doviis

• tjwalley
  • tjwalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

tjwalley replied the topic: Umbees and Doviis

Yeah the red tails get HUGE! I haven't done any looking up on them yet other than pics and videos to admire the look of them. Knowing that they get in the 4-5 foot range though makes me a little scared for the one's i've seen online in 125 gallon tanks! And if they'll go after O's and other bigger fish I'll probably scrap that idea. They are extremely hard to find in my area anyway so the chances of me even finding one would've been slim to none. But if i do get the big tank project finished and did end up with one if it out grew the tank I have a few friends with big ponds that it could live in. Although it gets cold during the winters here so I'd have to look that up. If that wouldnt work I would also get ahold of a nearby zoo or the Shedd Aquarium up in Chicago and see if they would be willing to take it. I will definitely do a TON of research on whichever fish I decide to stock and have back up plans in line for each of them. I haven't really decided on a tank size yet since i dont own my own home, gotta wait and see how much space i'll actually have. But if it works out that i'll have an outbuilding a 1000+ gallon tank may end up in it! Lol it's all just a big waiting game at this point, but fun to fantasize about none-the-less! :)

Reeling in a big ol Dovii would be a rush for sure!! That would be one great fishing story to tell!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: Umbees and Doviis

I wonder if they fight as much as Pike do... I caught a 4 footer when I was 13. Was the biggest fish I had caught until recently. 2 years ago I caught a 57 pound blue channel catfish out of the river I own property on. Took me every bit of 2 hours to finally get him onto shore, lol.

• tjwalley
  • tjwalley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

tjwalley replied the topic: Umbees and Doviis

I've heard pike are fun to catch! I would love to get ahold of a blue cat! Those get MASSIVE!! I dont doubt one bit that it took that long to reel in! I bet you felt like you did arm curls for 2 hours straight when you were done with that! The closest river (i know of) that has blues is the Ohio River and that's a pretty long drive from where I'm at...and I wouldn't have a boat to get out on so I've never had the chance

• Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: Umbees and Doviis

I have a 1/4 mile stretch of the maumee river. Its where I caught the blue cat from. My uncle back in 97 still holds the record on my property. He caught a 83 pound bullhead catfish. The fish was the size of his 5 year old granddaughter, lol

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds