Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

Here's a video of the Jag I kept(bought 3 from an LFS a while ago, this was best one, traded other 2 in).......really think he's a male.....I moved him from one tank to another yesterdya, & he's a little pissed off & hiding, so here's a video I shot a while ago.....

Really think this Jag is a male.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

Nice Jack Videos are Def welcome!!!

we need that one of butch attacking the siphon also if it is just of him or we can cut it to make it of him!!!

And rob that is to freaking funny!!! I will def keep posting believe me I need all of the jag owners to post so we can keep it alive and chart our jags growth !

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

So I feed Bruin and his gang some chopped Tilapia, get them all up front for a real good pic and the fargin batteries are dead in my a-hole camera! ARRGGH! Pics coming tomorrow for sure.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

ehall67 replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

You are killing me Dave!!!

ok one more day but they better be up after that!!!

and my Jags love Tilapia also! they gorge themselves on it

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

Suprd71 wrote: So I feed Bruin and his gang some chopped Tilapia, get them all up front for a real good pic and the fargin batteries are dead in my a-hole camera! ARRGGH! Pics coming tomorrow for sure.

SOunds like sci-fi!!!

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Parachromis...accept no substitute
  • Thank you received: 78

Necromancer4 replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

nice jags guys.......heres a pic of my male

Warning..I will offend you at some point!!!

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

Sweet!! Good looking fish, Nec!!

I'm gonna stop by the bait shop today & stock up on earthworms & mealworms for my 'lil guy.....trying to fatten him up, he's a picky-ass eater.....tried the starvation method for a week whilst doing 2X daily WC's & beefing up the temp to 82F to stimulate appetite, but he won't touch pellets or sticks......really don't want to starve a baby too long, want to maximize color & growth.....just FD krill & mealworms so far, but he did eat Omega One color flake(#1 ingredient is salmon)....weird.....maybe I'll get some tilapia from Acme & see if he'll eat that.... any other suggestions, I really want him to eat pellets/sticks, but he's stubborn....

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

Yeah Jack, my guy is very picky, takes a little Hikari pellets, but not much. Likes the frozen bloodworm cubes, but again not much. The only thing I've found that he really likes is the Tilapia. May try earthworms, my bigger fish love those.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Show off you Parachromis Managuense AKA Jaguar Cichlid !!

My guy won't touch pellets until they are softened up for about 5 minutes in vitachem. I think he likes the feeling of guts being squished. :evil:

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

he may be to little to throw a pellet in the tilapia huh?

Like I said my Jags CRUSH IT

I love to feed them a big meal of it till they are fat then not feed them the next day every now and again just like in the wild if they caught a fish !!

and nice BIG boy Necro! I am very happy you came out to show yours off

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds