Couple pics of my Green Texas

• Eyebedam
  • Eyebedam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Eyebedam replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

robham7770 wrote:

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Awesome tank & fish.....& I think you may have a pair there....watch out if they breed...

These guys don/t play, if they breed, then I would move them, or their mates into another tank.

Yeah I thought about that.. Plan is if they do breed, I have a 90 wavefront I picked up off Craigslist for a steal.. I plan on moving them to it, I have it setting in my basement fish room.. I just need to get some spare time to set it up, it came with light, trickle filter, bio balls & all accessories.. I actually put the bio alls from it in my current sump on my display to start getting ready so I won't have a hard cycle on the 90..

I'm also building a rack style set-up to hold 8 either 30gal or 8 40 breeders in the center wall in that same room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

That 90 will be a great setup for a breeding pair. Good luck and if you want to trade fry in the future let me know!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

jmunroe wrote: Nice tank and tex's. I've always wanted a Texas just always had an Oscar when I've had large cichlid space avaliable.

Just so it's clear, as the 2 species are different. This is a Texas, H. Cyanoguttatus:

This is a "Green Texas", which is not a Texas @ all, the Carpintis cichlid, H. Carpintis:

Texas have small, bluish colored "pinpoints" , where as Carpinitis have much larger irregular "blotches" that are green in color, & is the more spectacularly colored fish, IMO. I am not a fan of the "Green Texas" monicker, as I believe this leads to too much confusion between the species.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

yep call it a carpintis and folks suspect you know what you are talking about. call it green texas and i think you hang out in petsmartco.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Thank you received: 23

yesimhere2 replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

hey! do not put Petsmart down,,, I find the pets folks bring in are quite intelligent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eyebedam

• Eyebedam
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

bassetman wrote: yep call it a carpintis and folks suspect you know what you are talking about. call it green texas and i think you hang out in petsmartco.

I knew it was a carpintiis, I just go by the common name lol. I myself never go tot he big box store chains so I couldn't tell you what they have. I'm lucky to have probably the nicest fish store in the state withen 30 minutes of my house.. Also I'm no aquatic master by any means however I've had aquariums of all sizes over the last 30 years. I will however try to make a better attempt to using the Scientific names on the forum from now on lol..

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

I didn't direct that @ you, or anyone in particular.......it's just a pet peeve of mine.

" Also I'm no aquatic master by any means".....

You seem to be doing OK to me..... ;)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Eyebedam
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Darth Nandopsis wrote: I didn't direct that @ you, or anyone in particular.......it's just a pet peeve of mine.

That's totally cool, I didn't take it that way at all, I just didn't want anyone else thinking I was clueless all the same lol. All is good here.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

Nice fish J. great pics!

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Couple pics of my Green Texas

Eyebedam wrote:

Darth Nandopsis wrote: I didn't direct that @ you, or anyone in particular.......it's just a pet peeve of mine.

That's totally cool, I didn't take it that way at all, I just didn't want anyone else thinking I was clueless all the same lol. All is good here.

I was clueless when i got mine, I had to start a thread with a pic in order to figure out what I had. I really wanted a "true Texas" and was a little let down when I found out I had Carpinitis. These are some incredible fish, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a medium size interactive cichlid.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds