Update

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Update

Suprd71 wrote: Bigger Jag fan every day, of course having one helps! Thor is gonna start on Massivore tomorrow. Cost me a bootfull, he better eat it!

I'm becoming a bigger fan everyday as well. I don't have one, but seeing really nice ones like this on here makes me think about it...... Very nice and well looked after jag Darth

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nandopsis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Update

Suprd71 wrote:

BlueMoonJay wrote: Very cool fish ya got going there. I would love to get a jag, but wifey tells me no.

Wifey tells me no all the time... 8 tanks later it appears I aint listening. Get a Jag!

Mine tells me the same thing, and when I started talking about an indoor pond, she was quite put off. Now she asking why I have been motivated to clean up the garage, I am sure she knows why, but I think she realizes that more gallons are inevitable.

• smokeryoudrinkplayeryouget
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 8

smokeryoudrinkplayeryouget replied the topic: Update

jags do not beg, and they do not pout, they do bite.

• Thank you received: 26

FuzzyLumpkins replied the topic: Update

FuzzyLumpkins wrote:

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Darth Sidious would not TOUCH food sticks or pellets......my guy Jim @ The Fish Factory swears by that Omega One stuff......now, so do I B) ......my CL's & SD's LOVE that NLS stuff, but no cichlid I have will eat it......not even my Freddy, who will eat ALMOST anything, except that stuff....I swear, he's like a CA Oscar, the way he eats....jumps out of the tank for food sticks, but his teeth are getting big, & he got me the other day, drew a wee bit of blood, so before he gets to be 10", I'm putting the kaibosh on that!!! :laugh:

Just curious. What do you feed sidious? Mine (psycho) has to be starved with no treats ever to eat pellets regualrly no matter what kind.

Bump: I'm really curious about the diet.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Update

Earthworms, giant mealworms, & FD krill marinated overnight in a sealed container(Boyds Vitachem) were all I could get him to eat.....I offered Hikari,Tetra sticks & pellets, NLS, & all were turned down....I tried the starvation route, didn't work....(2 weeks!!).....so, this guy Jim at my LFS told me to give Omega One cichlid pellets a try, & if your Jag doesn't eat them, bring them back & I will give you a refund.....I threw them in there, & he immediately went right after them & ate 5 @ one shot!!! The 1st 3 ingredients (if I remember correctly) are whole salmon, whole whitefish, whole herring.....maybe all that fishy smell is irresistible??? All I know is, my Jag finally will accept a pellet!!! B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FuzzyLumpkins

• Thank you received: 26

FuzzyLumpkins replied the topic: Update

I feed a mix of omega 1 & hikari bio gold. Maybe I should just switch to straight omega then go another route for my probiotics.

He really really doesn’t like pellets at all. Now something that’s fleshy or anything that twitches he has no problems. Stationary pellets he investigates & will turn his nose up if he has had any type of treat whatsoever. I’ve been debating on cutting up silversides stuffed with crushed omega pellets or just soaking fillets in vitachem.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Update

Yer Jag is looking spectacular Jack! Tanks looking great too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nandopsis

• DouglasTheOscar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

DouglasTheOscar replied the topic: Update

Hey Darth. Thanks a lot for your advice with the FD Krill marinated in Boyd's Vitachem. My oscar's HITH is already getting smaller but that's probably largely due to the bigger tank and clean water. I'm sure the vitamins are helping heaps and i'm very grateful for the advice.

Anyways, why does it have to be in a sealed container (I use a small tupperware) and how much of the Vitachem do you use? Is it possible to use too much of it, meaning I'll always marinate the krill/crickets/worms in it from now on even if the HITH has already healed up.

EDIT: Just went on Youtube and saw your video Darth. The dark side really is powerful! :laugh:

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Update

Well, I use that container 'cause it's airtight, & 'cause my wife was tossing it out, so I re-purposed it...but I have used those 1/4 lb salad containers (the ones you get from a deli for potato salad), those work well also...you don't want to expose it to air, let's remember it's seafood, basically, & it will rot quickly.

WC's & vitamins will definitely put the kaibosh on HITH, just have to be persistent.

The Dark Side is a powerfull ally...... :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• DouglasTheOscar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

DouglasTheOscar replied the topic: Update

Right. My O didn't like the soft and wet FD krill/Vitachem so I froze it over night. He gets one or two every feeding. I think that should preserve it, plus the tupperware is shut and inside a tight plastic bag.

Should've seen my face when I scrolled down the subscriptions to see the video. Some kind of Sith tricks going on here...

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds