Nandopsis Beani

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

I knew he when he was shipped that he was going to a great home!

Great job on getting him back up to health he is going to be a monster one day thats for sure!!! I cant wait to see him!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Hell yeah, G.....I've never owned a N. Beani, & they apparently are every bit as touchy as touted......I know JR has a Black Nasty, which is also prone to this crap, & know Rock knew about the epsom salt treatment, & I PM'd a few others that I figured would know what to do(like T, Dave, & BK)....I went in to "panic mode", as this is indeed a rare fish, & I wanted to absorb all the knowledge I could on how to deal w/ this.....there are a LOT of opinions on the 'net on this topic, but the only ones that matter to me are the ones I can find here...absolutely the best cichlid site on the web.

And that is exactly why I ask my questions here. It's not that I don't want to make the effort to research stuff , there is just so much stupid stuff spread all over the place.
At least here I can trust the advice I am given.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

Glad he is coming around. Aren't those herichthys beani now?

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

Not as far as I'm concerned......I don't remember giving anyone permission to do all these name changes B) .......& Nandopsis just plain sounds meaner than Hericthys....& there is no doubt, Beani are just a truly aggressive cichlid, rather than territiorial.....will kill another fish purely because it can....which I found out when I put some GD's in there as dithers a while ago....they didn't make it through the night, & found them the next morning w/ their guts ripped out & heads missing...... :evil: now that's my kind of cichlid.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

I like nandopsis better myself but keep seeing it the other way. They do not look like the other herichthys. Names are changing so fast on many ca/SA fish right now hard to keep up.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:Re: Nandopsis Beani

bassetman wrote: Names are changing so fast on many ca/SA fish right now hard to keep up.

As genetic mapping of species is being done they are finding that once thought similar species are not related at all, there are currently 340 different know species of apistogramma and chances are when they are mapped they will be split into 30-40 diffrent families

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

When I find a name that I remember, I stick w/ that.......@ least gives me a frame of reference. B)

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Nandopsis Beani

Good news brother! :woohoo:

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

Last night, I remembered something Ed told me.......I asked him what the guy that bred these fish fed his fry....turns out it was Tetra flake.....I went out & got a small can, put a small pinch in, & BLAMMO!!!...he absolutely attacked it!!!......so, when I get home today, BIG WC time (I did the jag tank last night)....I really think he's out of the woods, so to speak. B)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

UPDATE:

REALLY looking good......attacks food w/ gusto.......much better than he was. Green color is coming out like gangbusters. B)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds