New Fish.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 created the topic: New Fish.

Picked this fish up after a fish trade in day at the lfs last Tuesday. It is finally coming around after a week and considering that it was moved twice in one day, and the beating it gave itself when the clerk tried to catch it, I think it looks pretty good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: New Fish.

Awesome.......looks a wee bit thin, but he'll come around....wait until he equates you = food....look out!! B)

I miss my Dovii.......the really are an awesome fish.....I think you're gonna need a bigger tank!! B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: New Fish.

Freaking outstanding Rob! You have a knack for landing fish I seriously crave. But I like it, increases the urge to step it up!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: New Fish.

Congrats on the new addition ! :)

Nice looking fish. Looking forward to plenty of updates.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: New Fish.

Thanks guys. It was pure luck finding this fish, I don't have any back ground info on it other than some one traded it in the same day I got it. I actually looked at it for a long time, walked around the store, looked at it again the went to my car intending to pass on it. I sat there for about 10 minutes debating about what to do, and ended up going back in to get it. The clerk had one hell of a time catching this guy even though it was in a pretty small tank. The net was barely big enough for the fish, but the largest that would fit in the tank. The clerk told me this was the first one she had ever seen in the store, even though they have tried to get them in the past.

The fish is approx 9in and solo in a 55 for now. I have a new 75 which is not set up, but I think I am just going to leave it were it is until I can get a 6' tank. I have been looking on CL for a while and may just bite the bullet and go for a new one. I can get a 125 for $375, but I am worried about the width over the long haul.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: New Fish.

From what I know of Dovii, it will take a couple of years to reach the "huge" status. Just for reference, my Jag is approaching a foot long and I am picturing that he may do better in a 180 in maybe another 4-6 months. Currently in a 125. With Dovii having 24+in potential, I think you will have to go REAL big.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: New Fish.

Suprd71 wrote: From what I know of Dovii, it will take a couple of years to reach the "huge" status. Just for reference, my Jag is approaching a foot long and I am picturing that he may do better in a 180 in maybe another 4-6 months. Currently in a 125. With Dovii having 24+in potential, I think you will have to go REAL big.

I was thinking this tank from glasscages 96x24x25, but I still need a couple of 6' tanks.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: New Fish.

The potential for a 24"+ dovii is there, but I haven't seen anyone come up with how long it takes to get there.

I would ask Guapote Mel on Youtube how long it took his to get his that large

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: New Fish.

My dovii grew fast to a point and has now slowed right down.. prepare for a seriously entertaining and beautiful fish...

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: New Fish.

awesome. i saw him on youtube the other day.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds