New Fish.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:New Fish.

@Dave, I don't have a clue how long the tank will suffice. I really have not seen much growth at this point, he did not eat well for a while when I got him, and I am afraid once I move him into the new tank he will go into pout mode again. I built this stand for an 8x2 tank so providing that I can get my hands on a tank like that I should be able to give him a pretty good home in the long run.

This is the 125 and stand as of today, I am going to drain it and make some modifications to the stand (built in 2.5hrs)before I actually move the fish.

@Eddie, I have 2x55 gal under my 75"s and it is a little tight. That is why I got the 50 from petsmart for the next set up. It has the same profile as the 55, but is 2" shorter and should be easier to maintain, but the 40 gal may be better(what I wanted) since the foot print may be more desirable. Lower and wider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:New Fish.

My point exactly on 40s and awesome stand I really wish u lived my me my carpentry skills blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:New Fish.

Looking good Rob, you're the only forum regular that I can think of thats growing a Dovii. Something I really want to do as well. Hope he does well in the new tank. Frequent updates please!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Thanks Dave,

This fish is awesome, and I hope he will do really well in the future. I never expected to have one, and when I saw him at the store, I literally went outside and contemplated weather or not I should pull the trigger for about half an hour. If I had waited 5 more minutes another customer would have had him(he was not happy the clerk was fishing him out for me). I plan on frequent updates, but I will start a new thread, since new fish is not really appropriate anymore.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

ehall67 wrote: My point exactly on 40s and awesome stand I really wish u lived my me my carpentry skills blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOl, I would love to lend a hand in your tank room Eddie, but distance is an issue. I think with a couple of basic tools, and some patience you can build whatever you want, no real skill required.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds