Squadron of Jags: need some tips.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Squadron of Jags: need some tips.

Nice work, I love Jags

Haku, I knew your were good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Squadron of Jags: need some tips.

Here is my old breeding pair, the male was 14" and female about 8"

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Phantom
  • Phantom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

Phantom replied the topic: Squadron of Jags: need some tips.

Down to 3 jaguars now. The one you saw at 0:37 is one of them and is by far the fastest grower and I think he/she has put nearly an inch in length on already. Still not sure of the sex, sometimes he briefly pales and his lateral stripe really becomes visible, other times, usually when he's attacking or confronting the other 2 his color changes to a golden brown and his spots become very visible while his lateral stripe pretty much vanishes. I don't see any blue and his fins are not pointed yet but he's still small in the 3-3.5 inch range so I'm not sure when that's supposed to happen. Just recently he has laid claim to the whole tank and no longer respects his tankmates' territory.

Of the other 2 that I singled out from my original group 1 is very healthy and has some pretty impressive markings and seems to have sharper looking dorsal and ventral fins, so it might be a male too but his growth is not even close to the 1st Jag. He'll sometimes jaw lock with the larger one but mostly just stays out of his/her way now. I've got a lot of hiding places since I was expecting this to happen. Just wasn't expecting this to happen at quite so young an age lol.

The other 1 unfortunately is taking a lot of punishment from both. He doesn't even get flared at he's just attacked. I'll need to rehome him this weekend.

@Benmcfadden I don't see your video/pics

• Phantom
  • Phantom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

Phantom replied the topic: Squadron of Jags: need some tips.

Just realized I was talking about the guy on the left that popped out of the cave when the other 2 started to stand off. Even then he was just a wee bit bigger, just can't really tell in that video. Right now the size difference is pretty drastic and he's with 2 others that were nearly the same size as him at the start. 1/3 to 1/2 inch size difference doesn't seem like a big difference but it sure looks like it at these small sizes :laugh:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds