Thorichthys meeki

• Chris-gashead
  • Chris-gashead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Chris-gashead replied the topic: Re:Thorichthys meeki

I thought a pair of firemouth and keyholes are both supposed to be ok in 30 gallon tanks?? Granted I have too much in terms of the other fish basically, but with the amount of water changes I do per week, it wouldn't be a problem in terms of water quality. Aggression is more what I am concerned about. Neons wouldn't necessarily be eaten by FM's either... Anyhow I am going to remove the tetras, and guppies as well as the ram in the near future so that will help. I could also remove one of the plecs but the 2 plecs rarely get bigger than 4inches so assumed they would be ok?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Thorichthys meeki

Think about 2 FM and 2 Keyhole in a 30 g. Thats 7 gals per fish. The thing with CA and SA cichlids is, unlike Africans, they do not do well in crowded situations. Even with constant w/c to maintain quality, there will be stress issues with overcrowding. Immune systems become weaker and fish do not do well. Keyhole and FM should be of similar size as adults, and I maintain my opinion that 4 cichlids in a 48g tank is overstocked. I think 2 of either would be far better. Maybe even a small plec, if as you say, constant w/c is in your plan.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Chris-gashead
  • Chris-gashead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Chris-gashead replied the topic: Re:Thorichthys meeki

Well I have replaced the tetra with barbs, and upgraded the tank to a UK55 (US66) gallon tank :) I have had a busy week as I also purchased a 6 foot long 100UK gal tank for my Malawi as well. Man that was a task filling that one up!!

Anyway, new 55 stock:
4x Firemouth (trying to get a pair!)
6x Tiger barbs
6x Black ruby barbs
4x yoyo loach
2x blue steel
1x tiger plec
1x bristle nose

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds