N. Beani & stress

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:N. Beani & stress

Forgot to mention, if it is something in the water that shows up from time to time, maybe use chemi-pure or Purigen. I would try that once he is better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

I will try the Chemi-Pure, but I've been keeping all sorts of fish for a very long time in Philly water...no problems at all I just think these fish are a serious pain in the ass. :pinch:

Thanks all....gonna have a long conversation w/ my good friend John Walker & watch the Flyers, then turn in. LONG day. B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

UPDATE:

Did another 2 50% WC's since last post.....added Epsom salts, aquarium salt.....did 1 treatment of Tetra PG......also have added ChemiPure to AC110 (today)......he is swimming around, color looks good, but has ZERO interest in food.....has not eaten anything to my knowledge since 4/17.....that's 10 days today.....becoming concerned.....was chasing the GD's housed w/ him as dithers.....I put a 4" PVC T in there, he went to it immediately.....this has happened before, but I have never had a fish go this long w/out food.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Rocksor replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

I wouldnt worry until you start hitting 30 days. This is when his stomach will look sunken. The fact that he is swimming around and got his color is a good thing.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

The white stringy feces appear to be less than before. Hopefully this will resolve itself well before 30 days. :pinch:

Rocksor replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

once he starts eating soak the tetra crisps in epsom salt solution

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Best of luck Jack. 3 weeks till my O took food, the ep salt helped greatly I believe.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish

Thanks, Dave...I love this fish, I hope I don't lose him, & will do whatever it takes to get him right....but I simply can't figure out why this has re-occurred 3 times now, & I feel it's stress related.....but from what I have no idea....I do know this is turning me off from ever getting another one. :pinch: Seriously, all was well up until last week, & he gets that white stringy poop thing AGAIN. :pinch:

VERY frustrating, especially when you give the level of care that I do. :pinch:

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

best of luck dark ~ i know you put your 110% care of that beani....but there's a pattern occurs when he's sick ....... when you leave him alone...hmmmm

• Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

does this fish have abandonment issues lol?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds