N. Beani & stress

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Way to stick with the program Jack!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Geez.. nervy little bugger took his time. Hope he returns to normal soon. Fingers crossed, Jack.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Nice!

I love seeing that "feed me" dance. :)

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Since he's eating, I wouldn't stress him out by putting epsom salt solution down his throat. Soak the crisps with epsom salt solution until it won't soak any more (have to put several drops every few minutes). Do this for the next 5 feedings (since he isn't fed everyday). This is just as effective as putting the solution down his throat.

This might have to be a new routine for him every 2-3 months. (Eating epsom salt soaked food).

do the lights come on very quickly in your basement or over the aquarium?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

"do the lights come on very quickly in your basement or over the aquarium? "

Ya know, I was just thinking that......yup, my light goes right on......that may freak him out, but you would think that he would be used to it by now. I will try not turning it on & see what happens.

I will also start feeding him ES soaked food tomorrow.

Thanks again to all.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Dimmer switch for the basement light, turn it on and up slowly. I have one on the lighting in fish room, no spooking the fish.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Darth Nandopsis wrote: "do the lights come on very quickly in your basement or over the aquarium? "

Ya know, I was just thinking that......yup, my light goes right on......that may freak him out, but you would think that he would be used to it by now. I will try not turning it on & see what happens.

Thanks again to all.

Personally I dont think he be used to it since it doesnt happen enough. It's not like skittish fish who see foot traffic everyday for 8 hours plus and get used to people.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: N. Beani & stress

Rocksor wrote:

Darth Nandopsis wrote: "do the lights come on very quickly in your basement or over the aquarium? "

Thanks again to all.

Personally I dont think he be used to it since it doesnt happen enough. It's not like skittish fish who see foot traffic everyday for 8 hours plus and get used to people.

Hmmm....I am down there a LOT.....the basement is where all my other tanks are, & I do spend a great deal of time w/ them when I'm home(except my wife's 20GL Convict tank, which is on 1st FL), & that's where the washer & dryer are, where my weight bench is, so he does see a decent amount of traffic, & none of my other fish are effected by it.....but it is worth pursuing as a source of stress....I will simply not turn on the light & see what effect it has on him.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds