Gentle Ben

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 created the topic: Gentle Ben

Posted these videos to mfk after a few members told me that the Midas is really not a very aggressive fish. This may be true, but I would rather not have any dealings with the fish they consider aggressive.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DBLN8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Gentle Ben

Lmaooo cant wIt to show my son.....its not agressive unless its a tiger fish on mfk lol some of those guys have outright killers lol

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Gentle Ben

Lol. This video made me laugh and laugh. Think I saw a chunk of your hand floating around in there. :evil:

What a cool fish. My oscar has started to attack my hand a little bit when I rearrange his decor, but he is only six inches right now so not too much damage.

Interesting about the "not aggressive" comments on the Midas. Everything I have read about them says they are pretty aggressive.

• Thank you received: 35

AZ Steve replied the topic: Gentle Ben

:evil: Haha thats a feisty fish

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Gentle Ben

Screw them that's an aggressive fish. Good looking SOB as well.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Gentle Ben

Anyone making the statement that A. Citrinellus is " really not a very aggressive fish" has not the 1st clue about cichlids. While there certainly are temperament variations w/in individual fish, there are breed descriptions for a reason.

I wonder what these geniuses opinions of Dovii, Managuense, Umbees, & Beani are. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Gentle Ben

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Anyone making the statement that A. Citrinellus is " really not a very aggressive fish" has not the 1st clue about cichlids. While there certainly are temperament variations w/in individual fish, there are breed descriptions for a reason.

I wonder what these geniuses opinions of Dovii, Managuense, Umbees, & Beani are. :pinch:

Well the fish didn't bite his hand clean off so it's really just kind of a fluffy bunny. :side:

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Gentle Ben

Poseidon2.0 wrote:
Darth Nandopsis wrote:
Anyone making the statement that A. Citrinellus is " really not a very aggressive fish" has not the 1st clue about cichlids. While there certainly are temperament variations w/in individual fish, there are breed descriptions for a reason.

Well the fish didn't bite his hand clean off so it's really just kind of a fluffy bunny. :side:

An evil fluffy bunny bent on world domination...... :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Gentle Ben

i guess it's not aggressive till you see teeth.......

nice video Rob

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Gentle Ben

"That's nothing he looks like gentle ben my midas is so bad you can't stick anything in the tank magnet glass cleaner, cleaning siphon clear tube, your arm...non stop popping the heck out of everything!!"

This was the best quote. In a response, the guy said he had his in a 37 gallon tank. I can't imagine that it is anything like the fish I have. In his defense the photo he attached was a very nice looking Midas. but the fins were not hanging out of the tank, so it must have been smaller. I did not bother to tell him that I feel guilty every time I see mine in a tiny 75 gal, and hopefully mine will soon get a 125 and maybe a gf once I upgrade the Dovii. I have always felt that you should get the fish you want, but should have the common sense to know that if you grow them out, you should provide proper quarters for their size, and have some sort of plan in place. I think the biggest downfall of many in the MFK crowd is that some of the posters have the knowledge, but don't caution the newbies on the pitfalls.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds