Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

• Suprd71
  • Suprd71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 created the topic: Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

Concerning my Jag Thor. Put him in his new 180 Aug 23. He ate Aug 24. Then clammed right up. Figured him to be pouting with new tank and dif color gravel. After 6 days of not one morsel of food, I became a little peeved with him. Was also a bit lethargic. water tested great. Huge w/c. Two more days no food. Another huge w/c and over a 48hr period dosed the tank with epsom salt. Four more days, no change. Huge w/c and dosed with API General Cure. 48hrs and another w/c and redose. This brings me to 7am this morn. Huge w/c and at noon offered him a chunk of shrimp. He hit it like a ton of bricks! Another w/c at 5pm. Fd krill offered at 7pm. Gulped it down. I cant state for certain if he had a bug of some sort, but this almost same thing occurred with an Oscar of mine some months back. Same treatment worked for her, and it seems Thor will be ok. He ate zilch for 16 days. Not life threatening, but not right either. PHEW... I was just a wee bit stressed with this episode.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

Always a concern when a gluttonous eater pulls that. Glad he is doing good now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suprd71

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

Phew! You had me worried there for a second too. Chalk another one up for regular water changes. Will keep all this in mind if it ever happens to my fish.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

Thank goodness it was nothing serious. Same thing happened with the hrp....fish was really pissing me off just stopped eating after the move. He is atleast taking flakes now

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

Good news that he is eating. I am sure he was just pissed, and hunger finally won out. Bet he snaps out of pout mode , and is more intimidating than ever in the 180. Which is easy to say when it is not your fish.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Was VERY concerned, but I think its ok

That's good to hear. A week or so never bothers me much but once they get close to 2 weeks it starts to wear on you a bit. Sounds like he may have just been a stubborn fish.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds