Could this work ?

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Could this work ?

daddadoo7 wrote: Argg basically what I thought. It would end up being the argentea and the pleco/cat alone in the main tank

Might as well have just kept Capone then...

Not that it wont work but not easy. When I had my big 11 1/2 inch male midas I also had a 5" female Argentea. She was a pushy little thing and tried to mate with the big guy and was constantly in his face. They can be bold fish. She also constantly fought with a pearsei (not Porkchop) who was about an 1 1/2 inches bigger than her. Dont miss that drama, love my calm tank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Could this work ?

nuff said i'll keep him by himself don't need that crap either. I Like capone but he limited what I was able to do in the main tank. deep down I really wanted to explore other fish besides Oscars... always wanted vieja since I got back into the hobby. thanks guys Zeus will stay by himself. He doesn't bother to tiger barbs at all but the het and the other argentea are hated came home before to a few split fins on the other arentea so I think its time to rehome hm.

I still may try him in the main tank though... if the warning signs show up then I can move him back to the 55

TEHMOLE if you see this check your pm's

DMD123 replied the topic: Could this work ?

Its common but a synspilum might be a good choice for the big tank.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Could this work ?

zeus doesn't have to be the only fish in the tank, just the only cichlid.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Im gonna put the striped raph in there too.
Like syns too who knowsn maybe a pair of adults hets will fill that tank out nicely

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

yeah this would probably end up like a murder scene I had to put up a divider (home made) zeus was putting a smack down on the remaining argentea... I mean relentless I couldn't allow that to go on all day. did a fin level wc (Which is almost all the water lol) the damage doesn't look to severe though split fins and missing scales also looks like a small scrape

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Could this work ?

Frank you have pics of these guys on a thread here somewhere?

It is frustrating to deal with fish that constantly have issues. I know for a while my wife was getting mad at me for how fast I was going through fish to find just the right mix. Generally if the fish are considered aggressive they usually are. Though I did have the exception of having a pretty easy going midas.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Could this work ?

this is jus me being greedy from the beginning I knew/planned that I would keep one of them as a lone cichlid but this little fish has some really nice colors and was thinking how good an adult would look in the living room. But seeing how determined he just was snapped me out of it. It wasn't like capones grumpy aggression this was like he was intent on causing injuries or something... felt bad for the other arg.

Its tough when there are so many cool fish out there! I am done for a while with my three tanks but I always see stuff I would want but would just be another solo wet pet needing its own tank. At times I miss having my big midas and want to get another amphilophus but this time around want a big male chancho. Too many fish too few tanks. ;)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds