My Cryptohero tank

• Poseidon2.0
  • Poseidon2.0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 created the topic: My Cryptohero tank

My guys arrived today!! :woohoo: They were basically in their little box for about 15 hours as I was able to get them in the morning.

Here they are after about almost 12 hours in their new home. Talk about cute overload! :lol:

I am a little worried about one of them, the cute one with the big black eyes. Seems to wobble a bit when he swims, but other wise is nibbling a plants and swimming around ok. I took some close up images I will post later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

Wow very cool. Seems like a ton of fish in the tank. Tank looks real nice FYI. Are you planning on splitting them up or do they stay small enough that that tank is OK for them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poseidon2.0

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: My Cryptohero tank

OMGOMGOMG :woohoo: too cute!

I can see what you mean about the swimming but I really don't know if it's something to be concerned about or not.

• Poseidon2.0
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

Bri B wrote: Wow very cool. Seems like a ton of fish in the tank. Tank looks real nice FYI. Are you planning on splitting them up or do they stay small enough that that tank is OK for them?

There is a school of 14 or 15 harlequin rasporas which are only about an inch or so. They were in initially to maintain the cycle. I will monitor the bioload and take them out if necessary. But kind of nice ditherers for the time being.

Not quite sure how this is going to play out. My hope is to be able to keep at least two or three in here. If the rosy cichlids pair up (not sure of the sexing) then I would likely have to move them or the other two. Going to play this one by ear. They grow to a max of about 5 inches, so not super big.

• Poseidon2.0
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: My Cryptohero tank

Lammergeier wrote: OMGOMGOMG :woohoo: too cute!

I can see what you mean about the swimming but I really don't know if it's something to be concerned about or not.

I am dying from the cute.

I will monitor the one (think it is one of the rosies or panamenses, but is possibly the septemfasciatum as the eyes are different than the other ones), but not 100% sure). Hopefully nothing to worry about. Still pretty young.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

They look great..the pans especially. Love how the nanolutes eyes look.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: My Cryptohero tank

Looks great!

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

They almost look fake with how bright they are. Most salt water fish would be jealous of them. Very nice choice.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

Ben I just watched it again and I could be wrong but I wouldnt worry about it. Crytpoheros are bottom dwelling fish they are kind of built for it real pudgy and bulldogish. My hrp (dusty) sometimes looks the same way when he swimming in the upper levels of the tank...actually looks funny like hes out of place and sbouldnt be swimming in open water.

What are the small rocks you mixed in with the gravel ? thats the look I was thinking about with zeus' new tank. Maybe using pfs and gettind rid of the black sand.

Also just a suggestion but you may find that if you place the spray bar on the back wall of the tank and aim it at the side wall closest to it (slighlty on an angle) it will really kick up any debris kind of creating a whirlpool. Might be an eye soar though

• Poseidon2.0
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:My Cryptohero tank

Thanks Frank. Will try a few configs for the spray bar. That is actually a 2215 on there as the 2217 hasn't yet arrived in the mail.

I used sand and then had some small river pebbles that I had laying around. Can't remember the type, but I bought them at a LFS a while ago.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds